Acrtic Cat ZL440 shocks

So Cal Suspension

So I was bored, browsing eBay today looking at random shocks for possibilities to try on the front end of my shee. I came across these Arctic Cat ZL440 shocks and figured... what the hell... they are rebuildable, revalveable, with an adjustable pre-load. For 77 bucks shipped I'll give them a shot. I'll have the replace the top bushings, and maybe shim the lower ones... but that's easy peazy.

Anyone used any snow-go shocks on their bikes before?

So I was bored, browsing eBay today looking at random shocks for possibilities to try on the front end of my shee. I came across these Arctic Cat ZL440 shocks and figured... what the hell... they are rebuildable, revalveable, with an adjustable pre-load. For 77 bucks shipped I'll give them a shot. I'll have the replace the top bushings, and maybe shim the lower ones... but that's easy peazy.

Anyone used any snow-go shocks on their bikes before?

No one?

Well, you got me thinking. Found add on CL going to call. When you're choices are either shocks that could be 20yrs old or Big $$$ aftermarket , it's time to think outside of the box.

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

The angle that the pic was taken makes the stocker look longer, but it's not. They both measure the exact same eye to eye.

IMG_8099.jpg

Okay, so I finally got to test out these shocks. In some pretty shitty terrain, too. (Ask Jason, or Jay). I don't know how to put this... I FUCKING LOVE THEM. 100x better than stock.... during HARD riding, I never bottomed out got VERY close, but never hit; and I mean hard... 5th gear whoops... on accident. when I jumped, I hit bottom twice, out of 25-30 jumps. I have the preload set about 1/3 of the way down. I could go a little firmer so I won't bottom out on jumps, but it's the perfect amount of softness. Simply put... the best $77 bucks I've ever spent.