4 mill times is this average

mike454

hi ive got a 87 banshee with a 4 mill crank and big bore sleeves in stock cylinders 67.25 pistons with port and polish got 35mm carbs 140 jetting in them 12-42 gearing with 20/11/9 10 paddle tires and out of frame drag pipes and stock frame im running a 5.322 on motor ive got nitrous for it but i havnt sprayed it yet plan on putting a forty shot on it any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is 300' then that time is kinda on the slow side. no offense. i have a 4 mill stock cylinder that runs 4.6's all motor. i know alot of people that can get similar motors runnin 4.2's with an override as well

what degree of timing are you running and wut size domes?

I agree, somethings not right, I was running 5.0's on a stock cylinder, stock stroke, stock length bike, im 200 lbs..... Havent got to run my 4mill drag ported motor yet but I do know it should be a mid 4 sec bike. Yours as well if setup correctly. 140's do seem waaay lean...also wheres your timing and compression at?

I agree, somethings not right, I was running 5.0's on a stock cylinder, stock stroke, stock length bike, im 200 lbs..... Havent got to run my 4mill drag ported motor yet but I do know it should be a mid 4 sec bike. Yours as well if setup correctly. 140's do seem waaay lean...also wheres your timing and compression at?

the timing is still set on stock and the compression is around 120-130 ive dot the adjustable timing plate but dont know wut degree of timing to set it on i had it on there once an it would barely run at -4 degrees

the timing is still set on stock and the compression is around 120-130 ive dot the adjustable timing plate but dont know wut degree of timing to set it on i had it on there once an it would barely run at -4 degrees

Ok well -4 timing is going the wrong way. You need to ADVANCE your timing. +4 is a good starting point but some members run as high as +6 or +7 in 300ft. Also may wanna talk to your builder about your compression, need to either freshen it up or get some domes cut that will bump your compression up. Maybe I missed it but with a 140 main I take it your on pump/race gas and not alky?

put some 18cc domes in it and put it on 110 octane or higher fuel, it will be worth the investment. turn timing up to +4. and lighten the S**t out of the frame. with my motor setup my bike is turning 220 lbs of compression per cylinder. when you kick my bike over, it kicks back haha. if i had more paddle under mine and a longer frame i could easily hit 4.4's