direct drive modded clutch cover

SD1026

Is it the a New Die Cast cover or is it a machined stock cover with an extended ring welded / expoxied on?

I like mine. Just had to bend the rear brake lever a little. I am sure your's is a 12 bolt lexan. That is way better than the older 6 bolt. Don't use lock tight on the lexan bolts. The locktigh will cause the lexan to crack really bad.

Im pretty sure he got the new die cast cover.

Supposed to be all beefed up, alot stronger than the stocker.

Re enforced all the way around

And also it the 12 bolt design, not the 6

What is everyones thoughts on these??

SD is the test dummy on these, if they work well and look great Ill be ordering myself one aswell.

I have been running the direct drive New Die cast cover for 2 years now. No leaks. I did have to use a dremal to clean up around the water pump. I just cleaned up the casting so I wouldnt tear up my billit aluminum impeller. I could feel just a slight rub. I just left it that way the cover and impeller would wear in and make a real tight clearances.

I havent had any leaking issues. I just PC'ed mine black.

funny, i was just getting on to post pics of mine........and the water pump thing, you have to push out on it from the inside, and that's the clearance it will be at when it is running, since the coolant being sucked in and forced inward will apply outward pressure, otherwise, no pump being made will last long at all.......anyways, here's mine- i'm gonna try and put it on in the next few days, if it stops snowing, lol

0_1-26.jpg

0_1-27.jpg

0_1-28.jpg

That cover looks sweet. I was thinking of powder coating my clutch hub also. What's the deal with the impeller??????? It will feel like clearance is a issue but the once pressure is applied by cOolant its all good???? Not too worried they do have a lifetime warrenty.

funny, i was just getting on to post pics of mine........and the water pump thing, you have to push out on it from the inside, and that's the clearance it will be at when it is running, since the coolant being sucked in and forced inward will apply outward pressure, otherwise, no pump being made will last long at all.......anyways, here's mine- i'm gonna try and put it on in the next few days, if it stops snowing, lol

0_1-26.jpg

0_1-27.jpg

0_1-28.jpg

Was there any issues with powder coating that inner clutch plate? Did it hold up to the oil,flex,and what ever other abuse it gets???

• 4 weeks later...

just purchased direct drive clutch cover any reveiws

My brother has the polished cover with the 12 bolt lexan and the lockup, he bought the cover and a billet water pump cover from Cascade. He loves it and I am planning on getting one too. the only thing is that it sticks out kind of far and rubs on your ankle, I ride in skate shoes frequently so I could see it getting bothersome. Cascade is also GREAT, I havent heard many people talk about them on here, their out of Oregon they are the nicest most knowledgable people that sell you what YOU need and they have every part for a banshee.

• 7 months later...