yfz450 shocks?

theoriginal87

yea i really like my j arms they have grown on me, but the bike just wears me out on the ruff trails i ride..... and i just absolutly love the smooth ride of the newer bikes but will never give up my banshee for one i just love it all to much :D The thing is though i would like to get some +2 arms but i really like the size of the bike now especially for where i ride. So the question now is what are my options on stock arms even if i have to fab up mounts for a-arms and have to ditch the j's :cry:

I think you may be able to put YFZ450 shocks on with the J-arms. You would have to modify the upper and lower mounts slightly as usuall. The only concern I would have is the upper J-arm clearance. The YFZ450 shocks have a larger diameter spring and may not clear the J-arm. As far as the ball joints...nothing to worry about.

Elkas are way better than the YFZ shocks, but they are also three times the cost.

yea i would love some elkas or some works but damn they are expensive :wacko: .... and for the most part im not concerned about getting the best seeing as i just ride trails... just looking for alittle improvement. so im thinkin im just gonna go with the 450 shocks and just do alittle fab work to get then on if needed :dance: so if anybody has done something like this pics would be greatly appreciated!!

i have a 87 j arm also. and just got rid of my 05 yfz 450 and would really suggest not buying the yfz shocks. i traded mine off purely because of the suspension only. i did not want to put another 2 grand in the bike. but dude in hard rough trails they will beat you bad dude. send yours out to be redone for your weight and riding or go with a affordable set of works. not the best but better than stock banshee and yfz shocks.

If your just trail riding like most of us go for the 450 shocks they are a lot cheaper to find a replace if need be. I'll admit Elka is a far better shock but in my opinion not worth the money if your just trail riding. I have a buddy that has Elkas and I have 2009 450r Shocks and I really cant tell a difference between the two just trail riding or the whoops. As far as jumping I dont go real crazy but again not a problem.

• 1 month later...

Just put a Full Flight +2 kit on my shee and yfz450 shocks. I have yet to put the wheels on and do a hot lap with it yet though. Im a bit hesitant because its sitting pretty high and my joints are about maxed out. Anyone have a similar set-up here? :unsure:

post-35993-12737098582223_thumb.jpg

Just put a Full Flight +2 kit on my shee and yfz450 shocks. I have yet to put the wheels on and do a hot lap with it yet though. Im a bit hesitant because its sitting pretty high and my joints are about maxed out. Anyone have a similar set-up here? :unsure:

the shocks have no load...lmao... reason ur so maxed out... mount it up and sit on it.... should be fine...

and change them plastics...lmao...

DiSkOe*1

Ok so im looking to upgrading to some yfz450 shocks for the front cause my stockers are pretty much shot... but the thing is im wondering is would it even be possible on a 87 j-arm bike??

My cousin has the same J-Arm banshee and I tried yesterday putting on some yfz450 front shocks and it will not clear the arm at all. So please dont buy the shocks because they will not fit. We are thinking of swapping out the frame for a A-arm frame it would be less expensive that way and we wont worry about the welds getting weak and breaking. It will be well worth the work because the yfz-450 shocks make a huge and I mean ahuge difference, I have a banshee with yfz450 front shocks and they are a world of a difference and all it takes is a little grinding to get them to bolt on. Hope this helps you, good luck.