Shearer tight fit?

beebs

Installed some SB inframe's today and holy tight fit on the frame just passed the carb's. I searched this topic before so I had an idea of what I was going to run into. Lot's of room for the pod's but the pipe's touch the frame just after the carb and very little room to clear the head (left side)so it can't be shimed out any further than I have it. I cut two small peices of heater hose and used a heavy zip tie to pull the pipe's together a bit just so they don't touch the frame. Very little pressure to pull them together but not sure how it will last. Is there any trick's to get them to clear or just alot of messing around?

Big bore inframes are tighter yet. My lactrons are at a bad angle I had to pull the header pipes out a lot from the frame to get my powerjet lines away from the pipes. They are good running pipes tho. Worth a little work.

Sound's like most of the shearer pipe's run close to the carb and the head on the left side. Mine seem to be the opposite. It clear's the head with one small shim and lot's of room for the carb but both pipe's touch the frame on each side. Maby my problem is at the silencer. How do you guy's connect them? I used the same setup as my t-5's that uses the little hanger's. Almost seem's like they are pulling out too much. Can the silencer's be connected without the hanger's?

shearers fit like shit. thats all there is to it.

I agree, i have mine all shimmed the fuck up and they hit everywhere still. rub left carb unless tilted, rub cub cylinder head on left side, and rub both head pipes at the very bottom and the motor mounts. Fuck shearer and their shitty chrome and bad fit, but they do run banghead

Thank's for the input guy's. The biggest problem with mine was I have a AC rear grab bar and it's alot thicker than the stock one where it mount's to the frame. That along with the bracket I was using was pushing the silencer's way out and causing the pipe's to hit the frame but clear the carb by lot's. I needed the silencer's to move back in a bit so I ended up making some new hanger's out of alum-, then I could get thing's right where I wanted. So everything fit's now with no touching anywhere and still lot's of room for the left carb and choke (35pwk). Putting the silencer's in the right place made a world of difference, and only needed one shim to clear the head. The new bracket's are 1/8 thick and the bolt holes are 1" apart c to c.