Flush mounted vapor computer

Drewski

I came up with a different way to mount my vapor. this is just my old bar pad from my other set of protaper contour bars that I hacked up for mock up. I'll be getting a piece of mirror stainless steel laser cut to the shape of the top of the pad and the shape of the computer just to clean it up. What do you think?

S6302356.jpg

I came up with a different way to mount my vapor. this is just my old bar pad from my other set of protaper contour bars that I hacked up for mock up. I'll be getting a piece of mirror stainless steel laser cut to the shape of the top of the pad and the shape of the computer just to clean it up. What do you think?

S6302356.jpg

I think that looks pretty killer man, a nice stainless bezel would look sweet. I wouldn't dare put stainless on my bike, it'd sit in the sun, and I'd touch it and get 3rd degree burns. I ride in the summer around here, and it gets up to about 115F at glamis. I didn't realize those computers were only about 100-110 bucks. I'm going to have to get one. I REALLY want to watch my temp. Will it work for water? or is it just a crank case temp gauge? Damn you for posting this... now I have to buy one...

I think that looks pretty killer man, a nice stainless bezel would look sweet. I wouldn't dare put stainless on my bike, it'd sit in the sun, and I'd touch it and get 3rd degree burns. I ride in the summer around here, and it gets up to about 115F at glamis. I didn't realize those computers were only about 100-110 bucks. I'm going to have to get one. I REALLY want to watch my temp. Will it work for water? or is it just a crank case temp gauge? Damn you for posting this... now I have to buy one...

it reads the water temp. It comes with a temp sensor that you mount in the radiator hose.

* Speedometer:

o Current Speed

o Maximum Speed

o Selectable MPH/KMH Display

* Tachometer:

o Real-Time RPM Bar Graph

o Numeric RPM Readout

o Dual Programmable Shift Lights

o Up to 20,000 RPM

* Temperature:

o Ambient Temperature

o Engine Temperature

o Dual Programmable Temp Lights

o Exact Model Fit Temperature Sensors

o Selectable °F/°C Display

* Distance:

o Adjustable Distance

o Permanent Odometer

o Selectable Mile/Kilometer Display

* Clock:

o Hour Meter

o Stop Watch

o Ride Time

o Accumulated Ride Time

o permanent Hour Meter

o Selectable 12/24 Hour Display

* Power Input :

o Includes Power Connection Fits All Machines

o Accepts Any Power Input - AC/DC

o Auto Switch to Internal Power if External is Removed

o Permanent Memory Guarantees Data is Never Lost

* Value Added :

o Custom Designed for Exact Model Fit

o All Parts Included to Complete Installation

o One Year Warranty

o Unlimited Free Trail Tech Phone and Email Support

o Waterproof Connections Included

o Bright White Backlit LCD Display

o Accessory Dashboards for Most Applications

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I haven't had the chance to set it up yet, as the bike is still missing the motor but Installing the sensors were a breeze. For 100 bucks I think it's worth it. I was origionaly going to have the stainless lazer or water cut but it would have cost too much to have it programmed into the computer. I just took the vapor apart , traced it out onto the stainless, drilled it out and cleaned it up with carbide burrs. It turned out better than expected. If the glare is to much as to where it's affecting my visibility, I'll have it powder coated.

That is pretty nice! how was the install of all the sensors and wiring? pretty simple?? do you like the interface for programming?

All Trail Tech computers install the same- hook up to power and ground, use the yellow wire coming INTO the headlight switch and the black chassis ground wire on the bike. Install the temp sensor in a coolant hose, I recomend the hose coming from the head to the radiator so you can see how hot your engine is and not how cool the water going into the water pump is. Mount the speedo sensor- either drill out the brake shield and mount it in there or use their bracket if you don;t have shields. You also have to replace one of the rotor bolts with their magnet bolt. Then the tricky part is the tach pickup if you have the Vapor- I tried every method in the instructions and even had the bike at Trail Tech twice for help and we could not get it to work properly even with BR8ES spark plugs. They ended up giving me a complete Vector setup that does not have a tach in it because I decided I did not need the tach and it was to hard to read when I was riding. It is a pretty simple install, but you will be into several different parts of the bike. I just compared my speedo to my GPS and adjusted the correction factor in the computer until it matched the GPS, I started with the standard setting recomended in the book and it was close.