Kickstarter wont turn?

I bought an 2001 4 weeks ago with a bad cylinder. I turned it over with the cylinders open (no head or pistons in it) before I bought it and it was fine. The guy put it back together enough so that I could transport it home with no opening to the elements.I noticed that the kickstarter wouldnt turn shortly after I got it home, but I thought that the connecting rod was maybe stuck in the exhaust port or something crazy?. I havent even got to the point where I have pulled the old cylinders of yet. Any ideas of what it might be? I dont want tp put it in gear and try rocking it in case I might screw something up.

I bought an 2001 4 weeks ago with a bad cylinder. I turned it over with the cylinders open (no head or pistons in it) before I bought it and it was fine. The guy put it back together enough so that I could transport it home with no opening to the elements.I noticed that the kickstarter wouldnt turn shortly after I got it home, but I thought that the connecting rod was maybe stuck in the exhaust port or something crazy?. I havent even got to the point where I have pulled the old cylinders of yet. Any ideas of what it might be? I dont want tp put it in gear and try rocking it in case I might screw something up.

It could be what you said, it could be something stuck in the crank, did it blow up or what is the reason it was apart? Beyond that, there are a wide variety of reasons that it does not turn, we need more info. Get the cylinders off, and see what is going on. Then give us some more info.

My info is this,

I bought the bike cause it was run lean and the fella heard a sound coming for the cylinders, so he shut it off and pulled in the clutch. It was brought back to his house and had the head taken off. It only had 10 hours on a rebuild from the previous guy. The boost bottle had caused a small tear in both of the intake boots, and leaned out to the point where it had melted a small hole in the top of the right piston (maybe at largest the size of a match head), but it had scored the side of the cylinder. As I said though, I got to the guys house to buy it, and the pistons were out so he could show me the pistons and cylinders. I turned it over with the kickstarter and it turned no problem, so we temporarily put it back together ( no pistons etc....)and I left. Its only now after I have started to take it apart and have the pistons out that I have run into questions?