adjustable power jets

well i bought this 88 shee in a box and rolling chassis...well i went threw it all and rebuilt everything and well im not sure where to start for the main jet since the quad had different pipes that didnt go with the shee so i got my hands on some stockers and threw them on but, when i got the cylinders back from the machine shop the guy said their had been a good clean up and small port work done...but he couldnt really tell me anymore than that...he told me to start with a main of 240 but he has never used power jets so he didnt know... i have 25 threw 30 for pilots and 210-240 for mains, the 1.6 air jets and the 1.4 starter jets r in both carbs with a stock airbox and a single k&n with the lid on and snorkle off... i live in michigan and i ride from 700- 1100 ft above sea level..how many jet sizes can the power jet be worth...its the set from fFAST. http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=367 ... i emailed them but havnt heard anything yet ...so any ideas? thanx for any help ..

well i bought this 88 shee in a box and rolling chassis...well i went threw it all and rebuilt everything and well im not sure where to start for the main jet since the quad had different pipes that didnt go with the shee so i got my hands on some stockers and threw them on but, when i got the cylinders back from the machine shop the guy said their had been a good clean up and small port work done...but he couldnt really tell me anymore than that...he told me to start with a main of 240 but he has never used power jets so he didnt know... i have 25 threw 30 for pilots and 210-240 for mains, the 1.6 air jets and the 1.4 starter jets r in both carbs with a stock airbox and a single k&n with the lid on and snorkle off... i live in michigan and i ride from 700- 1100 ft above sea level..how many jet sizes can the power jet be worth...its the set from fFAST. http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=367 ... i emailed them but havnt heard anything yet ...so any ideas? thanx for any help ..

I don't know about the ones from FAST but on the Vito's powerjets one full turn of the dial in equal to roughly three jet sizes.

I don't know about the ones from FAST but on the Vito's powerjets one full turn of the dial in equal to roughly three jet sizes.

yea its excatly like that ....so its mounted in the air side throat of the carb ... well someone jb welded it in ....guess he never wanted to take it out ..lol

Yea the jb weld thing is common.Once it in there its there to stay.

so does it suck cause i have one good stock left carb but i need a right body cause the stock right i have the idle screw someone killed it and the threads r wasted...so its those or the power jetted set ....

so does it suck cause i have one good stock left carb but i need a right body cause the stock right i have the idle screw someone killed it and the threads r wasted...so its those or the power jetted set ....

If you can't use a heli-ciol to repair the idle screw hole you can mix up some jb weld and get a good amount in the idle screw hole let it fully cure and you can drill and tap it and put a new idle screw in it and your good to go.You can do this for $10.00 for the jb and a new idle screw.

If you can't use a heli-ciol to repair the idle screw hole you can mix up some jb weld and get a good amount in the idle screw hole let it fully cure and you can drill and tap it and put a new idle screw in it and your good to go.You can do this for $10.00 for the jb and a new idle screw.

sweet i didnt think about that ....do u happen to know what size tap and drill i need??

sweet i didnt think about that ....do u happen to know what size tap and drill i need??

and the guy i bought the quad from never finished putting in the idle screws for the tors disable ... how far down do u grind the part on the card down for the idle screws to be long enough? thanx

and the guy i bought the quad from never finished putting in the idle screws for the tors disable ... how far down do u grind the part on the card down for the idle screws to be long enough? thanx

Not sure off hand on the drill and tap size.Buy your new screw and go a well stocked hardware store and you can match it up.As far as the grinding goes I put my carbs in a vise and just filed that piece down flat so the lock nut on the idle screw sits flush.All carbs are a little different but I would just file it flat and you will probably be good.

m6x.75.........i almost gaurantee you will not find it outside of this aplication....just ask around, or call jeff for the tap. i have an exrta carb body laying around, but i can't remember what side it is, lol.

your correct I went to a few machine shops and they dident have one I had them order one up they never herd of that size

• 5 years later...

well i bought this 88 shee in a box and rolling chassis...well i went threw it all and rebuilt everything and well im not sure where to start for the main jet since the quad had different pipes that didnt go with the shee so i got my hands on some stockers and threw them on but, when i got the cylinders back from the machine shop the guy said their had been a good clean up and small port work done...but he couldnt really tell me anymore than that...he told me to start with a main of 240 but he has never used power jets so he didnt know... i have 25 threw 30 for pilots and 210-240 for mains, the 1.6 air jets and the 1.4 starter jets r in both carbs with a stock airbox and a single k&n with the lid on and snorkle off... i live in michigan and i ride from 700- 1100 ft above sea level..how many jet sizes can the power jet be worth...its the set from fFAST. http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=367... i emailed them but havnt heard anything yet ...so any ideas? thanx for any help ..

Where does this starter jet reside...Nobody seems to be familiar with these jets...