Need Advice on a Banshee appraisal

I just picked this up to sell it. Now i'm clueless how to price these things since this one appears to be modified and i'm not sure exactly what its worth. Its an 04' and here is all the info i know on it...... I was thinking about starting the price at $4,400. Is that too high? I see some factory banshees going for 3k. Just didn't want to waste time marketing this thing. I appreciate any help. Thanks guys :)

04' Yamaha Banshee

Stroker Motor

Cool head

High Compression

12 over Swing arm

15 hours on new motor

($2,200 in receipts for the motor work)

($1,300 for the carbon fiber body)

($450 for the seat)

White carbon fiber body, pearl paint, FMF Gold Series Fatty dual Exhaust, Uni-Filter intake, Recovered seat

Phil

386-453-5501

I'm in the Daytona Beach, Florida area if anyone is interested in it.

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_1.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_4.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_9.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_11.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_14.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_15.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_16.jpg

277b806a15eff31d8ba8_17.jpg

Its kinda hard to tell.. the receipt says $2200 for race motor and it only mentions the things i wrote above. There was a warranty on this when it was built a year ago but thats running out.

This is a listing i got. I could care less if it sells for 5 dollars. I just was looking for a more accurate price on what it may be worth. i don't want to undersell the bike either cause if i'm too cheap then thats bad for my name. Would there be a more active site you know of? I am clueless :( I'm used to doing automotive listings and only took this cause it came with 3 vehicles to sell. If anyone has any advice on where to look, that would be appreciated too :)

Thanks guys

pretty sweet lookin bike. not sure what bikes go for locally there, but doubt you'll get 4400 for it. i would check craigslist for other banshees around there and price yours higher/lower in comparison to how nice other ones are. would help to get more specifics about the motor, maybe you could contact whoever did the work. they should know.

Your only going to get what someone is willing to pay. At this moment, that ain't much. There are Shee's in my area that have 4-5K in engine work from K&T alone not selling for $3500 right now. Your best bet is to list it for what you think it's worth, and lower the price every few weeks till is sells.

Maier makes carbon look plastic fenders. They cost nowhere near $1300.

And $450 for a seat??? and it has black painted Fattys.

Those are fake receipts or the owner got badly raped by someone.

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm sure the receipts come with mark up from the shop. The motor wasn't built at the same shop though. I listed it for 3800 and i've had a few calls already so i'll hang out and see what happens. I appreciate the feedback guys, i really do. Often, its hard to sell this stuff i'm clueless about. lol. Wish me luck :)

Here is what i would see if i was looking at it. Plastic is cool. Tires are so/so. I would notice right away that the engine painting was done after assembly because of the bolts being painted as well and the overspray.This to me says why would someone invest a lot of money into building a good stroker to just do a quick rattlecan job on it. There is no spacer plate,and its stock cylinder.,so the stroke really cant be much more than 4mm unless some exstensive modding was done to that head. So i would assume 4mm stroker if it does indeed have a stroker. It has the tors removed but i dont see idle screws installed unless they are facing away from the camera. pipes are spray painted too.

Looks like a nice bike but in my opinion it throws a bunch of red flags up to me,and thats just my opinion

Over all it has a really nice appearance you could probably get a little more than usual because of that alone.

Good luck with the sale.