600rr engine in my shee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha. i was about you ban you cuz i thought you were a spammer until i saw your post count and what not.

Well nice catch, thanks for letting me stay. I dont gave a lot of posts, but I spend a few hours a day on here reading and looking. Smart phones kick ass, got an htc hero, and I hardly use my computer any more. We need an hour on site meter in addition to post count. ;)

But you've done great with the site man, seriously enjoy it.

Well nice catch, thanks for letting me stay. I dont gave a lot of posts, but I spend a few hours a day on here reading and looking. Smart phones kick ass, got an htc hero, and I hardly use my computer any more. We need an hour on site meter in addition to post count. ;)

But you've done great with the site man, seriously enjoy it.

haha youre welcome. man i def dont need an hour meter on this shit. it would be more like a day meter for real.

i appreciate the comments. glad you like the site.

Not to ruin everybody's fun, but to put this back on track, EVERY streetbike motored quad I have ever seen was fast but worthless for anything but going in a straight line on a smooth track. Adding the streetbike motor adds too much weight and just plain ruins the handling of the quad. Unless a stupid amount of money is spent on suspension, it can't be jumped or even ridden hard through whoop de doos.

Not to ruin everybody's fun, but to put this back on track, EVERY streetbike motored quad I have ever seen was fast but worthless for anything but going in a straight line on a smooth track. Adding the streetbike motor adds too much weight and just plain ruins the handling of the quad. Unless a stupid amount of money is spent on suspension, it can't be jumped or even ridden hard through whoop de doos.

Remember that bit about the guy who builds 5 link sand cars out of his head??? That's what it takes to make one duneable. The guy knows what it takes to make suspension work. That being said, it's still a lot of work to dune that monster, it takes much more work to ride that thing through the dunes than a banshee.

The converison in my sig has a zx9 motor in it, i know its not the fastest, but i promise you we spent A LOT less in that bike then what it would cost to have a banshee as fast. It a BIG HEAVY motor but none the less its fast, and its semi dunable. I'm building another one witha F4i motor in it and everyone who complains about the weight just doesnt take into account that with a smaller motor like that, its not THAT much heavier. Its no different then putting a fat guy on a 4mil. The f4i fits in good and it doesnt sit that much lower then the frame rail (except the header) which im going to move outside of the frame eventually. I intend on it being fully duneable, and it will be because its NOT THAT HEAVY. and again its cost almost nothing. You couldnt buy a 4mil topend for what we have into this bike. then you need a lockup, and probably an override, carbs, etc... Its not always about being the fastest, its about budget mindedness and being unique. Ill get some pictures of the f4i conversion when i get a chance.

EVERY one I've seen has been a turd.. except one.. I'm not impressed at all by them... Keep in mind.. these big power motors will loose 15-20%hp when the get transplanted into a quad chassis. I've beating 90% of the ones I raced with my lil 4mil cub. And I've been beatin by stock stroke stock cylinder builds... Its still cheaper to do a banshee based motor by the time you factor in labor, and it will be faster.

mine was a 600rr motor and that thing was fuckin heavy. i dont see how there could be a huge weight difference between a 600 and a zx9. maybe someone can get the motor specs, but most of those motors are built fairly similar with the exception of bore size. i think my 600rr motor weighed like 130 pounds or so. thats a far cry from the 80 or 90 of a banshee motor.