Leaking Chariot head

give it a little while, you only posted this a couple hours ago, someone will help you. I myself have never installed a chariot head, but im guessing you should figure out where those orings go, i dont understand why you would even try to install it with extra parts still in the bag. Would you start your engine with parts still on the bench? Sorry to sound like a dick, but thats just my opinon, unless he gives ya a couple spares, which i highly doubt!

Cody

Sometimes getting the feel for installing orings takes a few trial and error runs. I have the best luck when I lube the orings up with vaseline. Also, if you over tighten the studs you will pinch the orings and cause them to leak. I tighten my studs using the same tighting sequence as the clymer manual suggests for a stock head. Also I tighten them down in steps, a little bit at a time. For instance tighten them all down till they are snug. Then I go back and snug them up again, you will notice that after you go back and retighten them, they will be a little loose. My guess is that you over tightened the head bolts and pinched the orings. If thats the case you will need new orings. A hardware store or farm store will have the orings you need if you dont have an atv shop near you. As far as the two little orings, do they go on either of the fittings where you attach your hoses to the head at?

Sometimes getting the feel for installing orings takes a few trial and error runs. I have the best luck when I lube the orings up with vaseline. Also, if you over tighten the studs you will pinch the orings and cause them to leak. I tighten my studs using the same tighting sequence as the clymer manual suggests for a stock head. Also I tighten them down in steps, a little bit at a time. For instance tighten them all down till they are snug. Then I go back and snug them up again, you will notice that after you go back and retighten them, they will be a little loose. My guess is that you over tightened the head bolts and pinched the orings. If thats the case you will need new orings. A hardware store or farm store will have the orings you need if you dont have an atv shop near you. As far as the two little orings, do they go on either of the fittings where you attach your hoses to the head at?

Good info here! Always torque from center and work your way out, and do it in at least three steps.

• 11 months later...

I just installed a chariot head and also could not find a use for the 2 smaller o-rings. Did anyone figure out what they are for?

They go around were the spanks plugs gos that is why there is two of them. I had a chariot head for 2 years on dune banshee and no problems ever