-2 swingarm

wadlesw96

I would like to get some opinions of the -2 swinger and how it makes a difference? Also what would be best to do first a arms or swinger? My goal is to make the best handling and jumping bike i can. Ive kinda got my eye on the black powdercoated avenger, what would that cost? and do i have to buy a new axle also? Im new to this so any good info on this whole topic will be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a -1 and wouldn't go back to anything longer, ever! The bike flys much better, turns better and just all around handles better. I ride in the timber, hills, and TT race on the weekends. As far as which to do first, thats up to you really. I would probably do the front arms and shocks first just because they suck so bad.

i did the -2, and i had wicked +2+1 a-arms, and i completely loved it! it was like a whole different bike. i say go -2 since your doing the +1 forward arms, it'll give you a shorter turning radius, jump better, handle better and in trails, it makes hopping over logs and such so much easier. and its not bad on hills either. its great for a all around bike IMO.

Ok -2 it is. Now im wondering about brands and prices for both the swingarms and arms. I would like to spend the least amount possible but i put quality before price so if i have to get something more expensive to ensure it will be strong and wont break and all im willing. I also want it to look good to lol

I would contact Tim at Stellar machine and price one of his swingarms. He does top notch work and is way better priced. He is one of the site sponsors so look in the sponsors section for contact info. Also I wouldn't commit to the -2 before you try a negative length swinger. A -1 will be a little more forgiving. I would also recomend that you switch to a round house style carrier.

for the roundhouse carrier do i hav to get a new axle? this is probably a stupid question.

nah u dont have to get a new axle, also u can keep an eye on e-bay i grabed a nice - 2 round house with skid plate mounts for a buck shipped and go to http://jjandaracing.com/ and look in the used garage sale sect they had nice used carriers /brake stay 100 great deal

Edited by shakar

what kinda power are you guys putting down with these swingers? Havnt got to ride my current setup to much and am wondering if i will have to go to a longer swinger, not really lookin forward to that if i do have to. I ride alot of open trails, and some tight trails also.

What kind of riding are you going to be doing? The -1 or -2 especially won't work for drag racing unless you have your bike lowered to the ground. Even then it still wants to come up, its controlable with the right suspension though. As far as a trial/mx bike goes I love it. Its deffinately a wheelie monster in the sand! Ask Jeff at FAST dance.gif