Who makes this aluminum swing arm

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here are few more pics .And I got it in a cash + parts trade for 505cc t-rex powervalve motor I move a lot of high end parts and everything is for sale .The arm has not been taken care of very well has had some tig welding done to it but still a cool piece.The carrier is nice .

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

So here are few more pics .And I got it in a cash + parts trade for 505cc t-rex powervalve motor I move a lot of high end parts and everything is for sale .The arm has not been taken care of very well has had some tig welding done to it but still a cool piece.The carrier is nice .

If you don't mind me asking, what approximate geographic location did you get the bike from?

If that carrier doesn't have any engraving on it, and has tapered or cartridge style bearings, then there is a pretty good chance it's off of one of my old bikes. Do most of the fasteners on the arm look like they are alternatively marked aerospace grading types?

If you don't mind me asking, what approximate geographic location did you get the bike from?

If that carrier doesn't have any engraving on it, and has tapered or cartridge style bearings, then there is a pretty good chance it's off of one of my old bikes. Do most of the fasteners on the arm look like they are alternatively marked aerospace grading types?

mark, the guy is from the pacific northwest so hes right up in your area.

That carrier looks just like the tapered bearing carrier I have on my bike, except mine has Banshee engraved on it. Mine came from a place called Alloy Specialties, they were a shop in Battle Ground, WA, and I bought mine at the third Dunefest held at Winchester Bay. I think they have gone out of business because I can't find anything for them on the web, I was trying to get some extra seals and bearings to have on hand and did not want to take apart what I have to get part numbers. But that swingarm is sweet and I want one like it.

Edited by bansheesandrider

So a few more pics.I never got a whole bike it was just a part i got in trade from another individual that lives over in the oregon city area and he bought from somebody ?As far as markings on the hardware thay just appear to be a grade 8 allen head bolt .The carrier has no engraving at all ? So as for the question of is it for sale of course its for sale if the price is right.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

So a few more pics.I never got a whole bike it was just a part i got in trade from another individual that lives over in the oregon city area and he bought from somebody ?As far as markings on the hardware thay just appear to be a grade 8 allen head bolt .The carrier has no engraving at all ? So as for the question of is it for sale of course its for sale if the price is right.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Yeah, I am 98% sure that's one of my old arms......... I'll see if I can find pictures of it on one of my bikes or when I was making it.

I would think it would be hard to claim a carrier housing like that. Alot of companies have built those, RAD mfg., RPM, Magnum, LSR and others. I cannot recall if it was RAD or RPM that was offering aluminum stock style swingarms similar to this one a while back, but one of the companies were doing it even before LSR was offering there aluminum drag swingarms.