2n1 rejetting

pitbull2424

I have banshee with 100 over bore, vforce reeds, a 2n1 carb kit 35mm, 21cc domes, main jet is at 180 and the needle clip in the center spot, pilot size unknown. Bike has just been rebuilt runs strong at the top end but has a very hesitant take off to mid range, I have messed with the jetting up and down and can't figure this one out and I'm blaming this on the 2n1 system. Any suggestions on this one? I am at 5000feet. Also the bike seems to smoke alot more on the left cylinder I'm blaming this on the pilot jet because it's on the left side and I figure the 2n1 just sucks up the left side quicker but I don't know I'm kinda lost with this one. I'm thinking of going back to a two carb set up unless anyone can help me fix this plz. Thanks!

I have banshee with 100 over bore, vforce reeds, a 2n1 carb kit 35mm, 21cc domes, main jet is at 180 and the needle clip in the center spot, pilot size unknown. Bike has just been rebuilt runs strong at the top end but has a very hesitant take off to mid range, I have messed with the jetting up and down and can't figure this one out and I'm blaming this on the 2n1 system. Any suggestions on this one? I am at 5000feet. Also the bike seems to smoke alot more on the left cylinder I'm blaming this on the pilot jet because it's on the left side and I figure the 2n1 just sucks up the left side quicker but I don't know I'm kinda lost with this one. I'm thinking of going back to a two carb set up unless anyone can help me fix this plz. Thanks!

Sounds like your pilot size is to big. I have this set up on one of my bikes. I'm at sea level with 42 pilot 178 main 4th clip with just a little less then 1/2 turn out.

It works better with low to mid range pipes, like fmf's sst. This is just an idea of jetting at sea level. I don't know about 5000 ft.

Sounds like your pilot size is to big. I have this set up on one of my bikes. I'm at sea level with 42 pilot 178 main 4th clip with just a little less then 1/2 turn out.

It works better with low to mid range pipes, like fmf's sst. This is just an idea of jetting at sea level. I don't know about 5000 ft.

looks like i will have to look in to the pilot to see what size it is i now the bike had a 160 main when i got it but seem to me like it was getting hot????