Melted piston

NickisGod

hey man i just had the same problem. i got my juggs diamond honed. its just a small cleanup. i gave my juggs to John at Sandtoyz Unlimited and he shipped them to Arizona to get worked on. i think all in all it was around $400 for the diamond hone, shipping, and pistons.

It would be the best bet man. Even if you got the old slug cleaned out of the hole, odds are that you damaged it bad enough to need a hone and re-plate.

If your other cylinder is still in good shape, you should be able to just do that damaged cylinder, and run the other one as is. That will save you some money.

You can't spoil a rotten egg! That being said , it wouldn't hurt to try cleaning the cylinder. Be patient, someone my come up with an answer. Don't know if muratic acid would work, but might be worth a try. Maybe contac Millium directly, they MIGHT have an answer. Had two Artic Cat cyls done by them couple yrs back, it was about $500 with new plateing, pistons, rings, brgs, gaskets. This was after major port work. That plating is mighty tough (hint-diamond hone),

NIKISGOD IF THAT IS UR BANSHEE POSTED IN THE SIG THAT SHIT LOOK SICK.. WHY SKIMP OUT ON FIXING IT RIGHT.. THAT BIKE LOOKS AWSOME.. DO IT RIGHT MAN.......SPEND A LITTLE NOPW AND SAVE A LOT LATER U KNOW THE DEAL.

ha yes that's the shee in the sig. I never cheap out just look at the parts on my bike, its just I'm broke because I've been going to school not working and trying to save up money for my tecate project. If u asked me I cheaped out when bought a cub not a cheetah ha. I got 3 months before snow melts and to make my decsion so will see what happens

Sob now I'm pissed, I realy was hoping for someone to chime in and say its an easy fix. So it seems like every ones saying hone it and replated it right?

I just read through this post and it looks like some people say replate it, and some people say try muratic acid,i know that acid works on a stock banshee cylinder but not sure about nickasil. Call and ask a builder that has used it, or pm a site sponser and ask them what they think then make your decision.

So I called fast today, alittle steep on the price they want 350 without shipping for replating. I asked about only doing on cylinder but he said it both or nothing. I've also tryed trinity and sand toyz neither anwsered. I wish some one the site would step in and help me out here