4mm dune port to 421 cub.

MAICK

Ok so i have some money burning a hole in my pocket. right now i have a 4mm dune port done by hjr. and i would like to go to a 421 cheetah cub. i already have the carbs intake and pipes. so my question is if i do this will it be worth the money, would i feel a good increase in power or not? also would i have to get a lock up clutch?

thanks mike

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I have been thinking about the same thing. What type of riding do you do MAICK? Yamaha11, what kind of pipes do you run?

Well all we do now, is ride sand dunes. mostly in walden co. (drag racing and hillshooting) but we are gonna go to Idaho for the first time ever this summer. and im running cpi inframe pipes.

Well all we do now, is ride sand dunes. mostly in walden co. (drag racing and hillshooting) but we are gonna go to Idaho for the first time ever this summer. and im running cpi inframe pipes.

Maick, it sounds like the cub might be for you if drag racing and hill shooting are your thing. I have seen some 4mil cubs run, and there is definitely a difference between a cub and my 4mil HJR build, keep in mind, I have never owned one though. But, I can say this, If you do it, do it before you come to St. Anthony! I have ridden Walden, and it is nothing like what we have here, massive wide open bowls, and the steepest, tallest dunes I have seen, only Little Sahara in UT comes close.

There are some VERY fast Locals here as well, and they will eat up stock cylinder banshees! Let me know when you are coming, we will hook up for a ride, I live 15 minutes from the dunes, and usually ride about 5 times a week in the summer.

Maick, it sounds like the cub might be for you if drag racing and hill shooting are your thing. I have seen some 4mil cubs run, and there is definitely a difference between a cub and my 4mil HJR build, keep in mind, I have never owned one though. But, I can say this, If you do it, do it before you come to St. Anthony! I have ridden Walden, and it is nothing like what we have here, massive wide open bowls, and the steepest, tallest dunes I have seen, only Little Sahara in UT comes close.

There are some VERY fast Locals here as well, and they will eat up stock cylinder banshees! Let me know when you are coming, we will hook up for a ride, I live 15 minutes from the dunes, and usually ride about 5 times a week in the summer.

Which locals are you talking about? We had a FAST 4mil drag port STOCK CYLINDER up there and we ran side by side with all the hansen performance guys, and have videos to prove it, and the rider was over 300lbs. I've got a stock cylinder 4mil that keeps up with a lot of aftermarket cylinder bikes out there.

I've also had a 4mil stock cylinder K&T bike that outran cheetahs and cubs pretty easy.

Edited by BigRed350x

Which locals are you talking about? We had a FAST 4mil drag port STOCK CYLINDER up there and we ran side by side with all the hansen performance guys, and have videos to prove it, and the rider was over 300lbs. I've got a stock cylinder 4mil that keeps up with a lot of aftermarket cylinder bikes out there.

I've also had a 4mil stock cylinder K&T bike that outran cheetahs and cubs pretty easy.

Yes, I was thinking about Hansen, but some others as well, that are as fast or faster. I believe what you are saying, I have never seen it though, and can only state my experience. Post up the videos, I love to watch that stuff.

I have raced them plenty! But I hate only racing them at thunder, we need to go out to choke and race where its long, smooth and steep! I like beating the Hanson guys! We all need to meet up this summer for a trip! I have a couple guys I ride with that have 12 mills on alky. They are fun to watch!

I have raced them plenty! But I hate only racing them at thunder, we need to go out to choke and race where its long, smooth and steep! I like beating the Hanson guys! We all need to meet up this summer for a trip! I have a couple guys I ride with that have 12 mills on alky. They are fun to watch!

I agree, I don't like thunder either, and I love Choke, I could spend all day there. Your friends with 12 mils, is that Dave and his son from MT? Let me know when you are coming, I will meet up with you.

I agree, I don't like thunder either, and I love Choke, I could spend all day there. Your friends with 12 mils, is that Dave and his son from MT? Let me know when you are coming, I will meet up with you.

Yes, I ride with Dave and Rob! Dave helped me build my bike! We will let you know when we come down, most likly it will be memorial day weekend if the weather is good! Rob posted pics of the bikes on the drag forum under stock frame.

Yes, I ride with Dave and Rob! Dave helped me build my bike! We will let you know when we come down, most likly it will be memorial day weekend if the weather is good! Rob posted pics of the bikes on the drag forum under stock frame.

I think I met you last Sept, do you have the black cub? I was in the red rhino with my 3 kids. Hansen won't even line up with those 12 mills! LOL

I think I met you last Sept, do you have the black cub? I was in the red rhino with my 3 kids. Hansen won't even line up with those 12 mills! LOL

Yep, thats me! The bike is 53lbs lighter and has an override now! And we blinged it out some! I remember you. We will need to meet up this summer! I tried to PM you but It said you can't receive a message. Strange.

Yep, thats me! The bike is 53lbs lighter and has an override now! And we blinged it out some! I remember you. We will need to meet up this summer! I tried to PM you but It said you can't receive a message. Strange.

I'll whip both of ya on my yfz!!!!!!! :bolt: Yeah we need to hook up this year for shure! :headbang: