Oakley Over the Glasses (OTG) Goggles

phxrider

Has anybody worn Oakley OTG Proven or L-Frame goggles? I'd like to know which ones are better and why?

The sales guy was telling me that he's had complaints about the L-Frame's letting in dust from the glasses cutouts in the foam. Is this true? Or was he just pushing to sell the more expensive ones (Proven model)?

I'll be using them in the sand.

Don't know about the Oakleys, I have used the Scott 87s in one form or another since I have had glasses. I have been perfectly happy with them and my wife is also happy with hers. We ride sand only. Also, the Scott 87s use the same lens and accessories as the Scott 89 so lenses are easy to find when you need one.

I would probably go with the Proven's. I dont have any experiance with this style of goggle. I do have the Oakley Crowbar MX Pro Frame's with the black iridium lens. They have the tripple layer foam like the Proven's claim to have. They are super nice and plush. Beats the heack out of the cheaper gogles that are single foam. The last layer that rests on your face is really soft. It almost feels like velvet.

Keeping the goggles clean is the biggest part of keeping dirt out of your eyes. You have to wash the foam out other wise dirt builds up and will work its way through the foam.

If it gets bad you can always oil the foam up with some air filter oil. That will help seal the dirt out. :rotflmao:

Acording to Oakley's web page the L frame is 40 bucks and the Provens are 45. WHat are the prices that your buying them at?

http://www.oakley.com/category/671

I would probably go with the Proven's. I dont have any experiance with this style of goggle. I do have the Oakley Crowbar MX Pro Frame's with the black iridium lens. They have the tripple layer foam like the Proven's claim to have. They are super nice and plush. Beats the heack out of the cheaper gogles that are single foam. The last layer that rests on your face is really soft. It almost feels like velvet.

Keeping the goggles clean is the biggest part of keeping dirt out of your eyes. You have to wash the foam out other wise dirt builds up and will work its way through the foam.

If it gets bad you can always oil the foam up with some air filter oil. That will help seal the dirt out. :rotflmao:

Acording to Oakley's web page the L frame is 40 bucks and the Provens are 45. WHat are the prices that your buying them at?

http://www.oakley.com/category/671

The guy had them at $50 and $40, but I convinced him to bring it down to $45 for the Proven.

I've just heard of sales guys being pressured to sell one certain item, but he did seem honest......but then again! he's sales. It's not like he's working for a big shop or eye glass place. This guy rents a corner of a bike big shop to sell just goggles. I think he's the owner.

Edited by phxrider

• 2 weeks later...