Turbo Banshee

johstoncounty banshee

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, my bad... I did not see any place about engine size. For that size engine, the pipe looks good. Im surprized it did not spool. That thing is going to be nuts when all sorted out! Must be the pipe is still to big or the turbo still to big.

Have folks tried to use two pipes with the turbos? Any reason why two pipes, feeding the turbo doesnt work good? just wondering why the single pipes seem so popular with the turbo's vs twin pipes....must be a reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Well i know i have been slack about updates but i have been haveing alot of family problems.But any way i finally got boost off the line i with no nos.But i got to excited and maid about 10 runs up and down my friends path and fried a piston the left cylinder and blowed the head gasket on the top and bottom on both cylinders. So i took it apart and my right piston is ok but i noticed that both of my conecting rods had alot play. So i split the cases and seen that the 4 big crank bearing are junk so i have to get a new crank. The new crank will have the best of everything pinned and welded.The old crank was welded but not pinned. OH yea and i did it with ported cylinders and 4 mil crank with 20lbs boost. So thats it for now maybe i can get some pics up soon hopefully.

I have not seen a turbo setup yet that ran two pipes..... Just wondering about the reasoning...Maybe just a pain to to connect two pipes to the turbo? Ill read back more on this post, I am confusing two folks ;)

The way I understood it was that twin pipes create a ton of lag because it takes twice as long to build enough heat for the exhaust to flow properly.

Well i know i have been slack about updates but i have been haveing alot of family problems.But any way i finally got boost off the line i with no nos.But i got to excited and maid about 10 runs up and down my friends path and fried a piston the left cylinder and blowed the head gasket on the top and bottom on both cylinders. So i took it apart and my right piston is ok but i noticed that both of my conecting rods had alot play. So i split the cases and seen that the 4 big crank bearing are junk so i have to get a new crank. The new crank will have the best of everything pinned and welded.The old crank was welded but not pinned. OH yea and i did it with ported cylinders and 4 mil crank with 20lbs boost. So thats it for now maybe i can get some pics up soon hopefully.

very cool. nice to see you stuck with it even with all the armchair mechanics saying it wouldnt work. definately want to see pictures.

That is a 8-900 cc motor and lowriderb is no spring chicken. I am pretty sure the pipe is custom made by CPI for his application.

8-900cc? Its a smallblock twister and the biggest bore you can get on them is 78mm, but most come in 70-75mm. It would take one hell of a massive stroke to get 8-900cc out of that. Where did you hear the cc number? Just curious.

8-900cc? Its a smallblock twister and the biggest bore you can get on them is 78mm, but most come in 70-75mm. It would take one hell of a massive stroke to get 8-900cc out of that. Where did you hear the cc number? Just curious.

a NA 800cc banshee would be insane. :wacko:

Id sure like to see pics... I dont really buy into anything that has gone on in this thread just yet..

1st off what dont you really buy into,and the 800cc bike is the other guy posting on here not me. I will post up pic soon and better yet i will show you when its back together.

1st off what dont you really buy into,and the 800cc bike is the other guy posting on here not me. I will post up pic soon and better yet i will show you when its back together.

Gotcha. Was really curious how you were getting 8-900cc out of a smallblock twister. That makes more sense. He referenced your name in the same post as the 8-900cc thing, which made me think it was your setup.