Turbo Banshee

johstoncounty banshee

keep the updates coming it'd be nice too see one of these actually make it.

The fuel injection is working great,we are haveing a hard time makeing boost. the map reading is not to good but we are makeing it work.At 100 you should start makeing boost by the map reading but at idle its reading around 91 to 93 if it was below that it would be alot easier to get a base tune. but now we have 1 that is real close.My boost makeing problem we are still working on.I have the 2' exhaust coming out the hot side so i have been playing with makeing the hole smaller which seems to be helping alot.Also i wrapped my whole exhaust with the header wrap,which has also helped.Any body else have any opinions let me know.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just guessing but it maybe because of the dual head pipes. ill look more into it but for some reason i remember being told it slowed the velocity down going to the turbo. what size is the tubing going to the turbo from the head pipes also?

im just guessing but it maybe because of the dual head pipes. ill look more into it but for some reason i remember being told it slowed the velocity down going to the turbo. what size is the tubing going to the turbo from the head pipes also?

the pipe is 1 1/2 y'd into 1

it needs a plenum. the banshee will spin the turbo fine it needs somewhere to push the air... you cannot build boost unless its MOVING someplace..

you trying to run it on the dyno? the way its set up it will be very topendish and very peakky because it wont make any power untill way up in the rpm range and after a few seconds of being there..

your going to need a plenum, and possibly an intake blow off valve and possibly a boost controller to help it create boost at lower rpm's//

you can hear the lag contorller when he takes off it pops its dumping fuel in the pipe and explodes creating a lot of pressure in the pipe's themselves boosts the turbo wayyy up bet its launching aiwht abot 10 psi at the get go. also being a CVT drive it can just maintain a constant rpm range and let the clutch do the work..

Some pics of a turbo banshee we seen at the track the other night. It only made one sucessful pass ( out of 3) but it halled ass on that pass. It is a stock cylinder, stock port, stock carbs, etc etc on nitros... Maby these pics will beable to help you out some how.

032.jpg

031.jpg

026.jpg

that was with the motor already tac'd up though, try it from a stop like what cam was saying. the plenum/air box what ever you want to call it will give the air somewhere to compress to till the motor can take it in and it will give your motor something to pull from for a second till the turbo spools up.

those pics of the track bike look like an a+s or similar turbo set up. its using a PLENUM and the NOS is to ge the bike out of the hole so the turbo will spool. its such an old outdated turbo design/ set up. if someone actually used the modern snomobile tech on one they would be insane. ( if it would stay together)...

you really have to know how to run one of those turbo set up's like that they are very very picky.. but dang they will acclerate something fierce when it does work.. the biggest issue is getting it to boost at the line and stay in tune...