what type of clutches should i use!?

rangerjay

hopefully u guys can help me out..i'm running a stock stroke, bored .30 over, milled head, aggressive dune port, t5's, 35mm airstrikers, and vf3's. so can u guys tell me what type/brand of clutch would be best,,,thanks

i personally dont have any experience with a clutch from fast racing(one of the site sponsers) but i hear there the best, dont use tusk clutches because about a yea later youll need a new one and you have to keep adjusting them from them sweeling from the heat of riding

i personally dont have any experience with a clutch from fast racing(one of the site sponsers) but i hear there the best, dont use tusk clutches because about a yea later youll need a new one and you have to keep adjusting them from them sweeling from the heat of riding

ha..tusk is what i'm currently running. that explains alot..thanks

I'm running a FAST clutch and couldn't be happier. You should look into a billet basket as well as a new inner and outer hubs. While your at it check out a pancake bearing, shift pro kit and modded star and new clutch cable! hahaha

hey, thanks for the advice, would u have a guestimate on how much hp i am putting out?

dont use tusk clutches because about a yea later youll need a new one and you have to keep adjusting them from them sweeling from the heat of riding

This isn't true at all... If the clutch is heating.. its slipping or not fully releasing... You probably dont have the clutch properly adjusted, their is other worn clutch componets or your spring tension is not strong enough.

I got a tusk kits in 4 other bikes.. all are doing good and their over 4yrs old.

This isn't true at all... If the clutch is heating.. its slipping... You probably dont have the clutch properly adjusted, their is other worn clutch componets or your spring tension is not strong enough.

ok well you get what you pay for i would personally use a higher quality clutch and i know a few ppl who had the dealer install them on there bikes and most wore out pretty quick

ok well you get what you pay for i would personally use a higher quality clutch and i know a few ppl who had the dealer install them on there bikes and most wore out pretty quick

You dont always get what you pay for... and I would never let the dealer install anything. They find a way to screw up everything. I worked for a dealership for almost 10yrs.. I know what kind of people they hire to do the service work and most of the time... they couldn't flip a burger let alone wrench.

I would prefer to run a clutch that has cork for a friction material. Most oem clutches use cork. It doesn't contaminate the oil near as much as the aftermarket kevlar and carbon fiber. Kevlar and carbon fiber are also more abrasive than cork. Doesn't sound like a big deal but think about those particles floating around in your oil.

If I was in the market for a new clutch I would go with a FAST clutch.I believe his fibers are also cork.

Deffinatly get a cascade pancake bearing. FAST carries these as well. It replaces the adjuster in the center of the pressure plate. The factory setup relys on a ball bearing runnin on the end of a rod for the clutch disengagement. The pancake bearing uses a flat roller needle bearing. It keeps the ball and rod from welding them selves together.