? ABOUT PART JB WELDED ON CARB

My question is what is the piece that is in the upper right hand of the picture .I was told the carbs were set up for alky and switche back to gas ?

IMG_1452.jpg

My question is what is the piece that is in the upper right hand of the picture .I was told the carbs were set up for alky and switche back to gas ?

IMG_1452.jpg

that would be a powerjet which is an adjustable jet. instead of taking apart your carbs to rejet its on the outside. they have them on gas and alky carbs.

Are those keihin carbs. If so and they were properly set up foe methanol they cannot be switched back to gasoline.

When you set up keihins foe methanol you have to drill the dump tubes out. The dump tubes is the part that the needle slides in to and the main jet screw in to. You can replace them on mikuni carbs but on keihins they are non replaceable.

I have wondered why the Keihn dumps are not replaceable? You can take them out. I even took some out of one set of carbs and put them on another. Granted, it did not run right when I did that. They were drilled out way too big for the engine I was testing on. DOn't know if that was the reason, or something about the dumps not installing correctly in another set of carbs? :confused::unsure:

I have wondered why the Keihin dumps are not replaceable? You can take them out. I even took some out of one set of cabs and put them on another. Granted, it did not run right when I did that. They were drilled out way too big for the engine I was testing on. Don't know if that was the reason, or something about the dumps not installing correctly in another set of carbs? :confused::unsure:

I haven't ever tried to take the ones out of my PWK33's. I have just herd people that have alcohol pwk's say they are non replaceable. That is why it was important to find some one that knows what they are doing. Drill it out to large then your carbs are junk. Or at least the carb body.