4MIL REASSEMBLY BEGINS

drlguy

Keep it all very clean! I build on my kitchen table on clean cardboard.

Three Bond, when used as it should be is your friend. Keep every thing clean!

Make sure you wash your new cylinders out with lots of hot soapy water and a soft brush, and then dry them in the oven set on low. Don't forget to put a light coat of oil on them after they are dry. Keep every thing clean!

Careful with the piston rings, don't scratch the piston installing them, and don't break them. Check that they are on right, That they have the ring to grove clearance that they need, and that they have the proper ring gap. Keep every thing clean!

Follow the steps in the manual. Keep every thin clean!

Double check your work, don't rush the work. Try and have every thing you need with in reach as you build, tools parts and stuff. Keep every thing clean!

Did you port match your cases to your new cylinders? Replace the cheap bearings on the trans while you have it apart?

Its pretty simple as long as you have all the parts you need right there as you put it back together. Follow your clymers manual torque specs for the case studs and nuts. Don't get too much case sealant on the two case halves, it will goop out everywhere as you torque your cases together. You just need a thin bead on both sides.

If you have questions just jump on here and ask...

To the guy who builds his engine on the kitchen table... you must not be married or live with a woman. LOL Most of them would get a little upset at an engine on the kitchen table. haha!

Did you port match your cases to your new cylinders? Replace the cheap bearings on the trans while you have it apart?

Its pretty simple as long as you have all the parts you need right there as you put it back together. Follow your clymers manual torque specs for the case studs and nuts. Don't get too much case sealant on the two case halves, it will goop out everywhere as you torque your cases together. You just need a thin bead on both sides.

If you have questions just jump on here and ask...

To the guy who builds his engine on the kitchen table... you must not be married or live with a woman. LOL Most of them would get a little upset at an engine on the kitchen table. haha!

Thanks Everyone for the good ideas. I am in the process of port matching the case. Hopefully I will get the grinding done tomorrow night. Trim painting got in the way tonight... I wasn't planning on replacing the trans bearing...but that is a good point, I should probably throw some new ones in. Hope my local dealer has them. Jeff did a really nice Porting job, can't wait to get it running this weekend!

My GF isn't too crazy about using the oven to dry the cylinders...I didn't say anything about the kitchen table yet! LOL I think its a great idea though!

I will be building my motor soon as well, but what do you guys mean pressure test? and how?

Pressure testing is to make sure there is no no air leaks in your motor that would cause it to lean out....seizing a piston and so on. Iv never personally done it only seen it done so Ill let the the rest of you guys take it from there. :clap:

Pressure testing is to make sure there is no no air leaks in your motor that would cause it to lean out....seizing a piston and so on. Iv never personally done it only seen it done so Ill let the the rest of you guys take it from there. :clap:

i always do a leakdown test after assembling a fresh engine. rule of thumb is for it to hold 6lbs of air for 6 minutes.

one can go to the hardware store to get the components to assemble your own leak tester. all you need to do is find something to plug the exhaust ports, pipe plugs work great. plug the intakes and fix a low pressure gauge and air valve to one of the fittings.