YLOD

well just a week ago i was playing socom and sitting in the loby with a few clan members and (BAM)yep my ps3 shut down the remote was on the floor and then my dog walked by it i thought he stepped on the remote shutting of the power to the tv or changed the channel.well i yeld at the dog and what did i find my ps was off when i tried to turn it back on it turned yellow then blinked red well good thing i bought the extended warranty as it was almost 2 years since i bought it.i sent it in and it should b either fixed or replaced.well i just thought i would post my story and c if anny one else had this problem.i did do a search and what i did find is that its common for this to happen so i would recomend getting the extended waranty.ps theres a 3% chance of this happening to a ps3 and a 33% of it happening to an xbox well thats what i read annyways

thats my story thanx Ray

Edited by banshee(911)

ok just to keep you up to date i called the company that was sapose to "fix"or replace my ps3 and they said it could not b fixed.well seeing how its still under the waranty "smartplan"i purchased at kmart they have to refund me my money well thats kewl i paid 499.00 for ps3 and 100.00 for the extended warranty well there gonna give me the 499.00 back in a gift card but no 100.00 for the smartplan "i tried to get it"but its a no go so im just happy to get the 499.00 now i can purchase a new ps3 and have 200.00 dollars left over

• 2 weeks later...

ok just to keep you up to date i called the company that was sapose to "fix"or replace my ps3 and they said it could not b fixed.well seeing how its still under the waranty "smartplan"i purchased at kmart they have to refund me my money well thats kewl i paid 499.00 for ps3 and 100.00 for the extended warranty well there gonna give me the 499.00 back in a gift card but no 100.00 for the smartplan "i tried to get it"but its a no go so im just happy to get the 499.00 now i can purchase a new ps3 and have 200.00 dollars left over

thats good but still kinda shitty if they wont give you back the 100 for the awrrenty they should atleast carry the rest of the warrenty over onto your new ps3. knock on wood all my friends have had there xboxs go down a # of times and mine still running strong. and its even an older xbox they are more common to die

Edited by yamaha04

• 2 weeks later...