Silverlake

madjimmax

I'm trying to plan a trip this summer some time to go to Silverlake and I was just wondering when would be the best time. I was reading online that there are alcohol restrictions during certain times and I damn sure aint driving all the way from MD and not drinking some beer. I also was wanting to go when a lot of you guys are going to be there, so if someone can give me some info that would be much appreciated. Oh and I would be wanting to camp in my tent and I would like to bring my dog if thats cool there. Thanks for the input.

I'm trying to plan a trip this summer some time to go to Silverlake and I was just wondering when would be the best time. I was reading online that there are alcohol restrictions during certain times and I damn sure aint driving all the way from MD and not drinking some beer. I also was wanting to go when a lot of you guys are going to be there, so if someone can give me some info that would be much appreciated. Oh and I would be wanting to camp in my tent and I would like to bring my dog if thats cool there. Thanks for the input.

Its really quiet there in early may at beginning of season. You can't drink anytime at the dunes but some buddies just used plastic cups and had a few in the lot with no trouble. A group of us from Ohio are going May 6th - 9th. Should be about 10 os us there.

theres no alcohol allowed in the dunes (unless ur running it in ur bike) they check your coolers often at the entrance. theres prolly 7-10 campgrounds in and around silverlake ive stayed at about all of them at one point or another, all pretty good even the state park. you'll need a 10ft flag ,spark arrestors like someone said already, orv sticker, state park permit and depending when your there you might have to get a parking voucher for the big weekends. bout all i can think of right now

theres no alcohol allowed in the dunes (unless ur running it in ur bike) they check your coolers often at the entrance. theres prolly 7-10 campgrounds in and around silverlake ive stayed at about all of them at one point or another, all pretty good even the state park. you'll need a 10ft flag ,spark arrestors like someone said already, orv sticker, state park permit and depending when your there you might have to get a parking voucher for the big weekends. bout all i can think of right now

Can you ride to the park from any of the camp grounds or motels, or do you have to trailer there?

Can you ride to the park from any of the camp grounds or motels, or do you have to trailer there?

you cannot ride from campground to the dunes. you have to trailer or you can tow your quad in behind your vehicle. we stay at a "cabin" which is actually a double wide trailer that is within walking distance of the dunes, sleeps up to 10 and rents for $150 a night. Its not pretty but its clean, has safe parking and hot water.

yeah let use know when your going. I'm trying to plan a trip as well. really read up on all the stuff you need. i went for the first time 3 years ago went on a long weekend and almost didn't get in because i didn't know about the parking lot voucher. so do some research its a blast and you wont want to leave.

im down-also from ohio,akron to be exact.id love to go to the dunes,and definately will have to find adequate beer pounding premises.

you cannot ride from campground to the dunes. you have to trailer or you can tow your quad in behind your vehicle. we stay at a "cabin" which is actually a double wide trailer that is within walking distance of the dunes, sleeps up to 10 and rents for $150 a night. Its not pretty but its clean, has safe parking and hot water.

is this for rent to the public? could I get a phone number please? I really hate stayin in the camp grounds... they have to many damn rules.

im down-also from ohio,akron to be exact.id love to go to the dunes,and definately will have to find adequate beer pounding premises.

Isn't your bike for sale on craigslist? Are you on ohiomafiariders.com forum? That's where the group of us headed up in may got together.

is this for rent to the public? could I get a phone number please? I really hate stayin in the camp grounds... they have to many damn rules.

Yea its for rent to anyone as far as i know. Here is the e-mail address of the lady who manages it la.productspat@verizon.net and phone 330-867-7900 , her name is Pat and she is really nice. I know i have some pics of the place so i will post them up if i find them.

the dog could be a problem I dont think you would want to leave it alone while you are riding.

make sure you have spark arresters.

I'd want to stay at a campground some wear and my dog would hang out there with my wife while I was riding

I'm not really concerned about drinking at the dunes, I don't do to much drinking while on my quad. I would positively want to drink some beers while sitting around the fire at night. I was thinking about staying at the state park that's why I was asking about my dog some states don't allow pets in their parks. My bike has sparkies and I've read about the parking permit and the orv permit.

yeah let use know when your going. I'm trying to plan a trip as well. really read up on all the stuff you need. i went for the first time 3 years ago went on a long weekend and almost didn't get in because i didn't know about the parking lot voucher. so do some research its a blast and you wont want to leave.

Yea that's why I'm asking around I'm not trying to run into any BS when I get there. I can't wait to check it out there aren't any dunes that are legal to ride on around here.

Lets do it I'm thinking some time in June maybe I'd like to see as many people show up as possible it would be great to meet some of you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to go for a while now, was going to shoot for late April. How's the weather the re than? The other thing is that according to mapquest it's 14 hours from me. I'm 1 1/2 hours from Philly. Anyone actually made the drive and know how far it really is?