250r swingarm fit a banshee?

trail rider

has anybody ever tried using a 250r swingarm on their banshee? I know it will bolt on there because the banshee and 250r have pretty much the same width on the swingarm pivoit bolt. what I dont know is if the sprocket will be correctly lined up or if it will be offset any? I have a nice aftermarket 250r swingarm that im probably gonna try it on later, but dont have any axle or rear end parts for it to see if the sprocket will line up.

i seriously doubt this will work. ive never heard of anyone doing it. i would imagine the main issue would be the shock linkage.

yea thats another thing I forgot about. it would probably make it set either real low like a flat track bike or have the rear end jacked up. I guess I'll just have to try it myself sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

well nevermind on this idea. the 250r swingarm is just a hair to wide to bolt up in the frame, although it wouldnt take much to make it work, just a little grinding with a sanding pad on the frame and maybe a little on the swingarm dust caps to make it squeeze in tight. but I guess if you want a roundhouse swingarm its best to just get a aftermarket banshee swinger

• 1 year later...