My right cylinder is the only one running

wadlesw96

Hi im new to this site and banshee's. I have a 96 banshee with a trinity 2 into 1 carb, v force 3 reeds, bored .04 over, fmf pipes, 19cc domes, and some other stuff.

Anyway heres what happened i started it up today and it was fine, then my dad rode it and being a pussy he never got on it much and had it bogged down most of the time. Then i rode it and got it stuck in some deep snow and it sat there idling for a while then it just died. then it wouldnt start very well and wouldnt unless you got on the gas. Ever since it just doesnt seem to run rite. Smoke comes out of the right pipe with alot more pressure than the left and the right header is really hot like it should be and the left one just gets warm (you can touch it with your hand and it doesnt burn or anything) im not sure if its just loaded up really bad or what. please help thanks

Welcome to BHQ :cheers:

Put new plugs in it, clean the carb. Try switching the plug wires to see if the problem follows to the other side.

What octain fuel are you running? With the 19cc domes you may need 50/50 race fuel and 93 octain. Do a compression test to see if you need higher octain fuel.

Edited by 98_shee

Ok i went out switched the wires and it ran fine then i got stuck again and i let it idle while i pulled it out then it started not getting power on the right side. so i let it sit for awhile and switched the wires back to normal and now it runs fine. I guess these things just dont take much to load up idk

Seems like it's chasing that one wire, could be cap or coil.

I'd get new plugs anyways, to see where your jetting is at,

Also again a compression test, never hurts to check.

Get a clymers manual, they're $30.00, and sooner or later (probably sooner), you're going to need it.

electrical:

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/elecfaq.html

jetting

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

yeah it sounds like you have a wire or cap problem, if its not getting enough spark to one side it will have weak spark load up and foul the plug. when you switch them it clears up the plug that was bad, and fouls the other. You can change the caps, or just buy a good used coil with caps on fleabay.

Ya one of the caps doesnt seem to really snap on the plug when you press it on. so basically is the to fix my problem just new caps/coil and plugs? Also the oil i am using is Ti Lube 2 stroke synthetic 32:1

just an idea, but have you looked inside the cap to make sure you dont have an old spark plug top stuck in there thats not allowing you to get the cap snapped onto the plug properly? seen that a couple times before, top comes off of the plug and lodges into the cap but works fine untill you change plugs. then you end up with the old plug top lodged in the cap with a new plug with another top installed thats now in the way of the cap snapping on.

it's worth a shot...