tors removal

longmont

I just got a new shee now it wont start. I pulled off the tors and put a twist throttel on. New duel stage reeds, and a boost bottel. Also put pro circut pipes on. I was told to rejet it with 305 and 27.5. I live at about 5000 feet. Got everything put togeather and there was no spark. If I plug in the thumb throotel theres spark but shee wont fire up at all. Nuthing !When I got her it ran. All stock.

I just got a new shee now it wont start. I pulled off the tors and put a twist throttel on. New duel stage reeds, and a boost bottel. Also put pro circut pipes on. I was told to rejet it with 305 and 27.5. I live at about 5000 feet. Got everything put togeather and there was no spark. If I plug in the thumb throotel theres spark but shee wont fire up at all. Nuthing !When I got her it ran. All stock.

If i was you i would take the time and take out your whole harness and cut out the tors bullshit. There is a switch at the thumb throttle and one in each carb just follow the wires and cut them at the harness for a cleaner look. Your going to need to get the TORS removal kit, something cheap on e-bay. TORS is notorious for "no start" issues.

there is a little black box above your left hand pipe, just disconnect that and you should be up and running

there is a little black box above your left hand pipe, just disconnect that and you should be up and running

+2 on the black box... I forgot about it when I did my tors. Also, they dont make jets in 5's. They go in 10's Also as for a starting point of jetting. We need to know if you still have the air box on. If so are there any mods done to the lid? And what temps are u running in. Also take the boost bottle and hit it with a hammer and put the stock tube back on.

+2 on the black box... I forgot about it when I did my tors. Also, they dont make jets in 5's. They go in 10's Also as for a starting point of jetting. We need to know if you still have the air box on. If so are there any mods done to the lid? And what temps are u running in. Also take the boost bottle and hit it with a hammer and put the stock tube back on.

It does have a air box but no lid. Shee wont even act like shee wonts to start that cant be from jets could it ?. And I put a 310 jet sorry but thanks for the corretion. Whats the prob with a boost bottel

It does have a air box but no lid. Shee wont even act like shee wonts to start that cant be from jets could it ?. And I put a 310 jet sorry but thanks for the corretion. Whats the prob with a boost bottel

disconnect the tors brain (little black box) and you should be up and running.

the boost bottle from what I've read and other peoples experience is that it doesn't make any difference and that the extra weight is known to crack the manifolds and cause a lean condition (ie bang go's the motor if you don't catch it in time)

disconnect the tors brain (little black box) and you should be up and running.

the boost bottle from what I've read and other peoples experience is that it doesn't make any difference and that the extra weight is known to crack the manifolds and cause a lean condition (ie bang go's the motor if you don't catch it in time)

I got the black box disconnected and still couldent get her started. Not sure if its cuz its only 15 degrees or what but I probable kicked on it for 20 min.

tit you try fresh/clean plugs? are your float bowls on the correct carb, they can be mixed up.... is your choke tube on?. pull your filter and cover the hole with your hand, and see.......if it starts, your choke is not working right. make sure you are jetted for that cold.......

tit you try fresh/clean plugs? are your float bowls on the correct carb, they can be mixed up.... is your choke tube on?. pull your filter and cover the hole with your hand, and see.......if it starts, your choke is not working right. make sure you are jetted for that cold.......

not sure if the bowls are on the right side. How can i tell do I need to pull them back off? Not sure what the choke tube is

not sure if the bowls are on the right side. How can i tell do I need to pull them back off? Not sure what the choke tube is

the bowl with the brass bb at the bottom goes on the carb with the choke pull lever.the choke tube is the little piece of fuel line/vacuum hose that connects the two carbs together so when u choke the left-it chokes the right.check to see if u have spark!!!!!!put a known firing plug in ur spark plug cap and lay it on the head.if u have spark and u know ur motor is tight-u have a fuel issue.i hope u got spark and are just missing ur choke tube-easy fixes are nice. :headbang:

the bowl with the brass bb at the bottom goes on the carb with the choke pull lever.the choke tube is the little piece of fuel line/vacuum hose that connects the two carbs together so when u choke the left-it chokes the right.check to see if u have spark!!!!!!put a known firing plug in ur spark plug cap and lay it on the head.if u have spark and u know ur motor is tight-u have a fuel issue.i hope u got spark and are just missing ur choke tube-easy fixes are nice. :headbang:

choke tube was off fired right up thanks guys