i have put a battery on my shee

http://www.dunereview.com/electricalupgrade-1.htm i have put that setup in my shee and its the second time i stop my shee and wen i come to start it up back no fire the stator was burned it i was thinking the fire from the battery goes in the stator wen the bike is not running because i don have any switch to cut the circut do im right or wrong ???? or is beacause i don have a good stator please give me your opinion !!! Thank Paul

did you use a single or dual output stator?......the duals need to be wired differently. did you follow the directions exactly? check the proper wiring on the rectifier, if you used one? check too see that it is actually working and not running off the battery when you start it?

did you use a single or dual output stator?......the duals need to be wired differently. did you follow the directions exactly? check the proper wiring on the rectifier, if you used one? check too see that it is actually working and not running off the battery when you start it?

i made mine like the ricky stator i have 2 ac output and yes a folow exacly the direction

Ricky stator has only 1 ac output + a ground for the lighting circuit, so your going to need to clarify what you hooked up on this. Are you saying after you floated it, it has two ac outputs? Did you use a full wave or half wave rectifier?

Edited by Snopczynski

http://www.dunereview.com/electricalupgrade-1.htm i have put that setup in my shee and its the second time i stop my shee and wen i come to start it up back no fire the stator was burned it i was thinking the fire from the battery goes in the stator wen the bike is not running because i don have any switch to cut the circut do im right or wrong ???? or is beacause i don have a good stator please give me your opinion !!! Thank Paul

I wired mine exactly according to those instructions and it works great. The only difference was I got a very small battery from the Yamaha shop and mounted it inside the back of the air box behind the air filter. Have had it to the dunes 5 times over the summer and all works well. The only thing I had to do was use 20 watt bulbs in the handlebar sockets and 35 watt ones in the stock fender sockets. Ricky Stator told me that for the system to keep up with the battery and lights the total draw could not exceed 120 watts.