drag race,who will win

Wheelman Chassis

hey guys im in the market to buy a banshee and ive come across one i can trade for a mustang i have.

with that said i want to start a drag build with the banshee. my q is will the banshee in the form its in beat my yfz 450?

here are the specs on them both: banshee

The frame has been powder coated lime green pearl (powder coating done by QC Coatings). The front a-arms are aftermarket +2/+1 fully adjustable and powder coated silver vein. The swing arm is extended 6 inches. It has new (only one ride on them) rear Holeshots and I have a set of 10 paddle Extreme x paddles on Douglas reinforced wheels. The motor is stock stroke and 64.5mm bore. The jugs have been ported, has Vito's super stock pistons, Pro-design coolhead with 17cc domes (200+ PSI on compression gauge), Billet intakes, V-Force 3 reeds, 34mm Carbs with K&N's and outerwears, Billet coolant impeller, Heavy duty clutch, DMC Pipes, Laker plastics, Verde power sports seat, Renthal handlebars, billet thumb throttle.

the yfz

lightened frame,stock motor w the cam mod done,bored carb(42mm),k&n,venom pipe,dyna ign,on oxy fuel, lightened flywheel,6" over arm,lockup clutch,jj@a play axle,blue lables ,12 paddle extremes,and buffs up front, stock gearing.

thanks guys hope the banshe will smoke the yfz...

my buddy has a banshee with a stock stroke 4mm longrod,fmf fattys,cool head w/20cc domes,wiesco pro lites,stock carbs,with the tors still on it,pro flow intake and k&n,6"over arm and hauler paddles and my yfz gets him all the time by 3-4bikes even on pavement, and the guy can ride well. when we switch bikes,he beats me on my bike.. im 75 lbs more than him... thanks for the info guys

it depends on the race? the shee has way more up top but how far is the race? 300ft? 1/8 mile? 1/4 mile?

i know that my bike in the 1/8 mile my YFZ takes the shee's off the line but they catch me up top. mod for mod i think thats pritty much always the sinario till you go big drag build then the shee just starts embarasing the YFZ

it depends on the race? the shee has way more up top but how far is the race? 300ft? 1/8 mile? 1/4 mile?

i know that my bike in the 1/8 mile my YFZ takes the shee's off the line but they catch me up top. mod for mod i think thats pritty much always the sinario till you go big drag build then the shee just starts embarasing the YFZ

the race will be your standard 300 ft race,will the banshee im looking at beat the other shee that my buddy has?

thanks

the race will be your standard 300 ft race,will the banshee im looking at beat the other shee that my buddy has?

thanks

IDK 4 mills are QUICK!!

i dont see the bike ur looking at beating the 4mill unless u throw cubs or a 4mill . and those holeshots are gona slow u down!

the reason the YFZ is winning those 300ft is the torque a little longer race and the shee would track him down for sure!!

my YFZ ported head, Intake, exhaust, and exhaust cam is Fast out the hole but the shee catches up quick and passes me... the beauty of down south is that NO ONE says what they have so i really couldnt tell you what that YFZ should do...

hope this helped :cheers:

thanks for the welcome loco, ive seen you in alot of posts,thanks for the help..love the hole banshee group its like a family lol

also my buddys bike is not a 4 mil stroker, it just has long rods,stock stroke. thanks

with the description of the banshee im looking at,would tradeing a mustang that is worth 2500-3000 be a good trade i cant get my pics to post so .....but the bike looks good imo

Unless the guy took the compression 5000 ft below sea level it probly isnt 200 psi, but either way a stock crank can handle it, you just need to get the thing trued and welded.

thanks i think im getting the quad so i wont ride it much ill pull it apart and put a 4 mil and cyl on it

just became a payin member love the site..

TONS of great info laying around here. Let the search button be your find for a while and start looking at some older posts. If you see a topic that gets your attention do a few searches and start reading up on it... mostly everything you read has already been covered 10 times or more. It sometime is a PITA to find the answers your looking for but they are out there.

Other than that Welcome to your new addiction.

it all depends on what you mainly want to do with your new bike. For little money and some time you can wake up an banshee and be right next to or infront of your buddy. Do you know what kind of porting is done to the bike? depends on what you want to spend but I have two 4 mills and they are the best bang for the buck and then when you stick a cub top end on them there are pretty impressive, after that you really got to spend some bucks to really get more power. If you just drag race mainly I would think about an override either race or dunable while you got it apart. Maybe even OOF frames or alky.

Welcome to HQ! :cheers:

The Banshee is a very addictive hobby.