FT SHOCKS FOR ICE

fast shee

Have +2 a arms up ft with yfz shocks chained down for the last year now but am going to upgrade to a sway bar and new shocks up ft. What length are you guys running or from what machine are you using. Have been thinking of getting some elkas but with x mas coming have to cut back on costs. Any ideas from experience? The ft end chained down is far too rough in the corners with no suspension action! Anyone try fox floats up ft?

I am waiting for the ice to freeze all the way here in Michigan. Last year I used stock shocks with a bottom mounted lowering kit and a sway bar.My set up right now is sporting R6 shocks all the way around. I have the sway bar mounted but not hooked up. I will bring last years set up and compare once the lakes are ready. If I can find a cheap pair of blaster shocks I am going to try those as well. I race a TRX250r too, 300ex and sway bar is the set up this yearso far. My problem is not hooking off the line.

I am waiting for the ice to freeze all the way here in Michigan. Last year I used stock shocks with a bottom mounted lowering kit and a sway bar.My set up right now is sporting R6 shocks all the way around. I have the sway bar mounted but not hooked up. I will bring last years set up and compare once the lakes are ready. If I can find a cheap pair of blaster shocks I am going to try those as well. I race a TRX250r too, 300ex and sway bar is the set up this yearso far. My problem is not hooking off the line.

Any pics of the bike with the r6 shocks on and can you still use the sway bar with them? Does it matter what year R6 and could you use a R1 shock also?

Link is not working for me. Are the r6 shocks really stiff? If so then I will be back where I am now with the yfz shocks chained down. Just thinking with functioning front shocks (instead of stiff or chained down ), it would help with transfer and handling in the corners in stead of riding a hay wagon! Also thought of a ft lowering kit with sway bay to use up ft but dont know if the shocks would still be too long.

• 2 weeks later...