What Quad You Will Choose?

GhostRider

Just curious why do you have a stocker? Why the +2 swinger? Yeah that does sound purpose built. Glad you like the 450 but I still am not moving my shee for one thats kinda why I got a bike.

I dont have a stocker... It was sarcasm. I've had my bikes in my sig for a long time now and I'm sure most know what I have... My current Banshee has nothing to do with this thread.

I prefer a +2 for duning.. I've used everything from stock to +14 and I found it to be the best for what I do in the dunes.

Again.. I 100% agree with Tyler.. Banshee's have their purpose and are the best at what they do.. Going fast in the open. Some people like to hit jumps, carve bowls, shoot through trails and just general play ride in the dunes.. And the 450's are better at that.. They Fly better, they handle better, have gobs of torque and the power is now... All of this makes the 450's the better all around bike.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that we dont like banshees, its just that many feel they have their purpose, as do the 450's.

for going straight, whether it be up hill or on flat ground, theres nothing out there thats gonna touch a banshee. dollar for dollar, you just cant do it.

for the tight, technical shit, the 450's cant be beat.

my banshee has elkas all the way around on it. it rides awesome, but i still feel that i can go faster on my 450, aside from running in a straight line. theres a reason that the new 450's dominate mx, gncc, tt, etc.. i think the main reason may not even be so much suspension as it is rideability. the 450's just dont wear you out nearly as much.

that said, kfz400, ltz400 and 400ex are all fucking slow ass turds..

i like this discussion. lots of good points in here. im not sure it would help anyone decide on what to buy, but theres some good stuff in here. :cheers:

Sounds like the Banshee is done then. From what you say it has no purpose. Why not get a raptor hybrid with bullet bike motor in it 600 maybe and then say you think about swapping it for the 1000? In my book if I was just going for drags or straight line, I would go with a Busa motor. I know it is the best motor to build in a quad arguement but if all you want to do is go fast and your building custom frames, keeping the Bansh motor does not make sense. Now back to why I like the Banshee

1. 70-100 horsepower is easy to get and reliable.

2. Light switch power hell yeah it's a workout I actually like that, I hate doing cardio at the gym this works for me and you think a banshee wears you out, ride a dirtbike

3. I dig the way they look

4. Endless supply of go fast parts

5. They don't sound like my grandpas tractor

6. There is nothing cooler sounding then a bansh with good paddles and pipes shaking the earth and making ladys turn their head

7. Scares the shit out of people my buddy not a rider jumped on it he now calls it the death machine it put a big ass grin on his face

Yeah it has a old ass frame and bad suspenders but you can find suspension for cheap and make it close however you can't make a 450 motor perform the way the 350 twin will. I agree Mx, woods, tight technical stuff go with the 450. The dunes, gravel roads any open trail I am still going to snag my shee.

I dont have a stocker... It was sarcasm. I've had my bikes in my sig for a long time now and I'm sure most know what I have... My current Banshee has nothing to do with this thread.

I prefer a +2 for duning.. I've used everything from stock to +14 and I found it to be the best for what I do in the dunes.

Again.. I 100% agree with Tyler.. Banshee's have their purpose and are the best at what they do.. Going fast in the open. Some people like to hit jumps, carve bowls, shoot through trails and just general play ride in the dunes.. And the 450's are better at that.. They Fly better, they handle better, have gobs of torque and the power is now... All of this makes the 450's the better all around bike.

I wanted say this guy is sweaty ball sack licker who parts a nice duner then keeps a stocker lol. I guess I didn't get the cool guy memo don't keep mods in your sig thing. I don't really get that I guess I get the whole pissing match thing but it's not like mine says I have a surgically enhanced 15'' dick, my girl has tripple dz and she invites victoria secret supermodels over for threesomes..... Maybe you could fill me in why your mods are useless, or why I should get rid of my mods in my sig.

banshees CAN do anything and be fast at it.. ive ridden long ass rides on my banshee like vegas to primm an 80-100 mile ride no prob.. been on a stock top end for 7 years and try to tell me they arent reliable and ill laugh in your face. but if your fast on a banshee in mx desert gncc ect. youll fuckin FLY on a 450.

ive ridden 450's and raptors and i do like the fact that they have electric start and reverse and that they have low end torque and you can lug em around all day if you want to. thats a good thing when you dont ride WFO all the time.

but when you stab the throttle it sounds like my ass after taco night!! FAAAAARRRRTTTT!!!!

if i had to choose only one, it'd be the banshee. the sound of the twin cylinder 2 stroke and the general feel of the power delivery makes me feel way better than any 4 stroke ive ridden.

i may buy a 450 later on down the road but ill still have my bashee also.

WOW, the head guy at The Banshee HQ is saying that the Banshee is only good for going in a straight line. :blink:

hahahaha

side note: for those who dont know Locogato and Fouledout both have thousands of dollars invested in their Banshees.

Both set up to go REALLY fast in a straight line. banghead

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sounds like the Banshee is done then. From what you say it has no purpose. Why not get a raptor hybrid with bullet bike motor in it 600 maybe and then say you think about swapping it for the 1000? In my book if I was just going for drags or straight line, I would go with a Busa motor. I know it is the best motor to build in a quad arguement but if all you want to do is go fast and your building custom frames, keeping the Bansh motor does not make sense. Now back to why I like the Banshee

2. Light switch power hell yeah it's a workout I actually like that, I hate doing cardio at the gym this works for me and you think a banshee wears you out, ride a dirtbike

6. There is nothing cooler sounding then a bansh with good paddles and pipes shaking the earth and making ladys turn their head

7. Scares the shit out of people my buddy not a rider jumped on it he now calls it the death machine it put a big ass grin on his face

Yeah it has a old ass frame and bad suspenders but you can find suspension for cheap and make it close however you can't make a 450 motor perform the way the 350 twin will. I agree Mx, woods, tight technical stuff go with the 450. The dunes, gravel roads any open trail I am still going to snag my shee.

I disagree with all of this... Well.. almost all of it.. I underline what I dont agree with.. FYI... Tyler DID build a Raptor hybrid with a CBR engine..

As for my sig.. It is what it is... Its only directed at you if you feel you have useless parts posted in your sig.. I think I speak for majority when I say people dont care that I have a billet parking brake block off plate..

Like brugal said.. My banshee is 100% drag only.. Alot of people stereotype us drag racers as not having any knowledge about building a good duner or trail bike.. Most of us got our start in the dunes and trails.. Very few start at the track.

for drags or straight line, I would go with a Busa motor. I know it is the best motor to build in a quad arguement but if all you want to do is go fast and your building custom frames, keeping the Bansh motor does not make sense.

WHAT? Now your fuckin trippin. This quote makes absolutly no sense to me.

Loco's breaking Hillclimb records in this bitch with a "banshee motor" ,going straight up a hill.

And Im not even gonna start about drag, are you kidding me?

"keeping the Bansh motor does not make sense" :rolleyes:

Thats crazy talk..

WOW, the head guy at The Banshee HQ is saying that the Banshee is only good for going in a straight line. :blink:

hahahaha

no, thats not what im saying. you can set up a banshee to be good at anything, but the only thing its ever going to be GREAT at is straight line, wide open throttle type racing.

side note: for those who dont know Locogato and Fouledout both have thousands of dollars invested in their Banshees.

Both set up to go REALLY fast in a straight line. banghead

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

exactly. im not sure if you were trying to bust me out here, but you did nothing more than help prove what ive been saying the whole time. the banshee can be good at duning, good in the trails, good at mx, good for gncc...but, the one thing that the banshee is GREAT at and the one thing it will always be KING at is going very fast in a straight line. dollar for dollar, it simply cannot be beat.

sounds like it is done? what are you even talking about. now youre starting to not make sense. what it is it DONE doing? and no, i didnt say it has no purpose, i said it has its purpose. you dont read well.

for your information, i already did the whole raptor hybrid with a bullet bike motor.. i will enclose a picture at the end.. and also for your information, it still wasnt nearly as fast as a simple 4mm cub motor banshee.

keeping the banshee motor DOES make sense. thats what we have been trying to explain to you. banshee is KING of straight line racing. always will be. for the same money, nothing else will come anywhere near beating a banshee.

nice try, but move along.

yea it is. 4mm cub motor and youre there. whats your point?

just so you know, you can set up a banshee to have a more broad powerband. you can make a banshee more trail or dune friendly quite easily, but it takes money. you can pull a stock yfz450 off the showroom floor and take it straight to the dunes or trails.

i agree with these.

actually, the 4 strokers rumble more than a banshee does.

thank you. you just helped me prove my point to you.. why are we debating this? you just stated EXACTLY what ive been saying the whole time:

1. dollar for dollar you cannot make a 450 motor perform like a banshee motor.

2. 450 is best for mx, trails, gncc, etc.

3. banshee is best for straight line speed..

my old 600rr raptor

n108001394_30026619_3208.jpg

Common coach teach me something then. You did not say why you disagree? I was being sarcastic about the Raptor thing Loco and the BigRed got into a pissing match about the quality of his 600 red said he was going to make it better by putting different motor in it, one of the more entertaining threads on here. BTW anyone know if he ever did? I would still say any of the big rocket motors have more potential then the Banshee motor.

I can ride the bike hard for a while but you really can't take a break on a bike when riding fast. My buddies who have only bikes call it like it is a quad is a dirtbike with training wheels. These 450mx bikes are no joke you role on the throttle wrong out of a corner, lean wrong you wreck. I can sit down in corners on my banshee and still be riding fast any quad is easier to ride then a bike. Yeah you can cover more ground on a bike speed wise but you will feel it in so many more places the next day then a day on the Banshee. Have you ever rode a bike in the dunes?

I have yet to be overpowered by a stock bore and stroke 450 Nos, bigbore, sure they beat me. Banshee motor is still the more capable motor for all out speed and it will hold up to a serious amount of added power. You just can't get that crrazy with a 450 motor they don't last.

I get it now your sig is mean to those who have a ton of shiny parts to put in their sig. Yeah put your go fast parts in your sig makes sense to me.

I would agree with that stereotype.

You sound like you don't know shit. :cheers:

no, thats not what im saying. you can set up a banshee to be good at anything, but the only thing its ever going to be GREAT at is straight line, wide open throttle type racing.

exactly. im not sure if you were trying to bust me out here, but you did nothing more than help prove what ive been saying the whole time. the banshee can be good at duning, good in the trails, good at mx, good for gncc...but, the one thing that the banshee is GREAT at and the one thing it will always be KING at is going very fast in a straight line. dollar for dollar, it simply cannot be beat.

sounds like it is done? what are you even talking about. now youre starting to not make sense. what it is it DONE doing? and no, i didnt say it has no purpose, i said it has its purpose. you dont read well.

for your information, i already did the whole raptor hybrid with a bullet bike motor.. i will enclose a picture at the end.. and also for your information, it still wasnt nearly as fast as a simple 4mm cub motor banshee.

keeping the banshee motor DOES make sense. thats what we have been trying to explain to you. banshee is KING of straight line racing. always will be. for the same money, nothing else will come anywhere near beating a banshee.

nice try, but move along.

yea it is. 4mm cub motor and youre there. whats your point?

just so you know, you can set up a banshee to have a more broad powerband. you can make a banshee more trail or dune friendly quite easily, but it takes money. you can pull a stock yfz450 off the showroom floor and take it straight to the dunes or trails.

i agree with these.

actually, the 4 strokers rumble more than a banshee does.

thank you. you just helped me prove my point to you.. why are we debating this? you just stated EXACTLY what ive been saying the whole time:

1. dollar for dollar you cannot make a 450 motor perform like a banshee motor.

2. 450 is best for mx, trails, gncc, etc.

3. banshee is best for straight line speed..

my old 600rr raptor

n108001394_30026619_3208.jpg

:rotflmao: I am surpried you missed the sarcasm to.

You said a 450 is better in the dunes thats what why we are debating. I say know way in hell unless they are both stock.

I would still say any of the big rocket motors have more potential then the Banshee motor.

You sound like you don't know shit. :cheers:

You do realize that once you put them streetbike motors into a quad chassis they'll loose about 30-35% of their hp? Also.. do you realize how much them motors wiegh??. Power to weight ratio is everything..

Nice insult.. I was atleast being civil.

Here is a little'ol 4mil cub vs well built rocket hybrid.. This just proves that it dont take much from a banshee to keep up with a rocket powered quad.. We were trading wins all day.

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/fouledout/videos/?action=view&current=a8a05774.flv

The OP said he wasn't doing drags with this bike... What is your definition of "dune rding"???

We've already stated in the open runs.. a banshee will be faster... But in the more technical areas.. the 450 has advantages.. Your are in total denial if you think a banshee is even remotely capable of out performing a 450 where it was designed to perform... Again.. Banshee's have their purpose.. and the 450's have theirs...

By the way... Its "no"... not "know way in hell" :P