tail light

00sheerzr

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/johnrmz250/Picture028.jpg

hey guys i remember reading that banshees dont have tail lights up to 2001 i think not 100% but i have a 1992 and i have a tail light. it doesnt look hacked but im not sure if someone changed the wiring harness check out the pic and let me know what you thing thanks guys

Yes they came with rear tail light, all it is a parking light when you turn the head light on like your car.

Brake lights didn't come to 2002

It is not a parking light, it is a tail light. If it was a parking light it would illuminate with the engine off. Since it only comes on when the engine is running it is a tail light. 87-01 Banshees have a tail light and 02 and newer have a tail/brake light combo. The brake light can be activated by eother the front or rear brake lever, however to get any lights to come on on a non-molested Banshee, the engine must be running.

All Banshees have "Tail Lights" or "Park Lights" that are part of the headlight circuit. Of course they don't come on when the engine is off, there is no battery to power them. That doesn't mean they are not called "Park Lights". The "Brake Light" wasn't incorporated until sometime after 2000.

SP

All Banshees have "Tail Lights" or "Park Lights" that are part of the headlight circuit. Of course they don't come on when the engine is off, there is no battery to power them. That doesn't mean they are not called "Park Lights". The "Brake Light" wasn't incorporated until sometime after 2000.

SP

By definition- a park light is a light that is left on when a vehicle is parked so it does not get hit in the dark. A taillight is a light that is illuminated when the vehicle is moving to locate the tail of the vehicle. Most manufactureres use the same lamp assembly for both functions, but because a stock Banshee has no battery and therefore no lights unless the engine is running, the correct name for it is a taillight. As I said before 02 and up have a taillight/brakelight combo.

By definition- a park light is a light that is left on when a vehicle is parked so it does not get hit in the dark. A taillight is a light that is illuminated when the vehicle is moving to locate the tail of the vehicle. Most manufactureres use the same lamp assembly for both functions, but because a stock Banshee has no battery and therefore no lights unless the engine is running, the correct name for it is a taillight. As I said before 02 and up have a taillight/brakelight combo.

So hows come none of them there vehicles I have got a switch in them for park lights? Everytime I turn on my tail lights them durn park lights come on.

Come on man, they are one in the same, same lights ussed for 2 different reasons. Unless you want to split up the amber lights up front from the red lights in the rear. But really, everyone knew he was talking about the diference between the tail light and a brake light and you had to go throw shit in the game!

SP

I have worked with factory engineers for years and if you don't say EXACTLY what you mean, they get bent out of shape. I guess that it rubbed off on me. AS I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST, most vehicles that have parking lights use the same lamp assembly for both the tail light and parling light and the first position on the switch is the parking lights and the second position is the headlights with tail lights.

Edited by bansheesandrider

I have worked with factory engineers for years and if you don't say EXACTLY what you mean, they get bent out of shape. I guess that it rubbed off on me. AS I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST, most vehicles that have parking lights use the same lamp assembly for both the tail light and parling light and the first position on the switch is the parking lights and the second position is the headlights with tail lights.

That's odd because all of the vehicles I have and have ever had have lights in the front (amber) and back (red) that are illuminated at the activation of the first position :confused:

Exactly, the first position on the switch is the parking lights and turns on lights oa all corners of the vehicle so that it can be seen when it is PARKED in the dark. The second position turns on the running lights which consist of head lights, tail lights, and marker lights. MOST MANUFACTURERS USE THE SAME LIGHT ASSEMBLIES FOR TAIL LIGHTS AND MARKER LIGHTS. It is how they are used that determines the correct name for them, and on a Banshee that has no battery and therefore only lights up with the engine running they are TAIL LIGHTS.