super moto wit a banshee?

power

Hey guys.i thought about doing some super moto on the asphalt wit my banshee soon.

all the other guys drive modern 4 strokes,since i live in europe,i wonder if someone in here done that before with a banshee?and whats the perfect set up for a banshee on the asphalt?

Hey guys.i thought about doing some super moto on the asphalt wit my banshee soon.

all the other guys drive modern 4 strokes,since i live in europe,i wonder if someone in here done that before with a banshee?and whats the perfect set up for a banshee on the asphalt?

im converting my flat track banshee, into an aspalt banshee as well

A good start would be 2+1 a amrs, 4+4 axle, lowing kit in the front and back

i will say the stock shocks will work fine (if in good working condition) but after market would be much better. a sway bar will help the handing alot better also.

ok thanks.

so they are so bad huh?lol.

was it because of the 2 stroke they failed?or the banshee it self?

i know they are hard to drive for some,but i finaly got the speed up now on the banshee and handle it like it was a 50cc quad lol.but damn i get more faster tired to drive a banshee compare to a 4 stroke yfz.

like other quads banshees are good for ANYTHING with the right parts and rider... the motor i think should be good for it.. the banshee motor is from a street bike anyways.. rz350.. only differance is no power valve on the shee.. i watched a dude out my way killin ltrs and yfzs on his dropped banshee in supermoto. low end mods will probly do you good tho as far as motor. and 13/41 gearing ... i say go for it.

like other quads banshees are good for ANYTHING with the right parts and rider... the motor i think should be good for it.. the banshee motor is from a street bike anyways.. rz350.. only differance is no power valve on the shee.. i watched a dude out my way killin ltrs and yfzs on his dropped banshee in supermoto. low end mods will probly do you good tho as far as motor. and 13/41 gearing ... i say go for it.

good point there with the rd350

i belive the hardest thing to do for a banshee is get them to hook up. iv been racing on clay and lime stone for 6 years now trust me when i say this a banshee will have no problems hooking up on asphalt. with the right setup

lets take pikes peak international hill climb for an exmaple, where you race on gravle and asphalt. guess witch kind of quad holds the recored for fastest time in the 500cc class a banshee and what do the top 3 riders ride in that class all banshees

i will be racing against jim goertz in cayuga ontario in the 2010 season jim is i belive the curent record holder at pikes peak and yes he has a very fast banshee

Edited by tt_bansheerida

i belive the hardest thing to do for a banshee is get them to hook up. iv been racing on clay and lime stone for 6 years now trust me when i say this a banshee will have no problems hooking up on asphalt. with the right setup

lets take pikes peak international hill climb for an exmaple, where you race on gravle and asphalt. guess witch kind of quad holds the recored for fastest time in the 500cc class a banshee and what do the top 3 riders ride in that class all banshees

i will be racing against jim goertz in cayuga ontario in the 2010 season jim is i belive the curent record holder at pikes peak and yes he has a very fast banshee

Damn that sounds nice.good luck with that ,and post some pics of the race to.

i think most are to spoiled with those 4 strokes,i remember when i was a kid,we all had 2 stroke dirt bikes,none used 4 stroke,but when the 4 stroke bikes came,more and more started with mx,and the good ol guys always said: this days after the 4 stroke has come to the world,its to easy to drive mx.

yea i brought up the rz350 cuz my dad has an 1985 RZ350 (RZ is watercooled RD is air cooled i think) but yea if your loosing traction get a -1 swinger.. you will have more weight on the wheels and more traction all around.. the front end will not wanna ever come down haha

Take a peek in the video section and watch my banshee hook on ice! against big bore 500+cc 450's not to bad huh?

The powerband just isn't suitable for supermoto and the handling isn't up to par with modern quads.

Not sure I agree with that. Sure there not the greatest on a motocross track and they dont get good traction on dirt but on the road there VERY hard to beat. A good low wide stance and you should be good. Also you can add all the power you want and you will hook. Set up is key.

Here in Germany for example where a lot of Supermoto Banshee´s and Raptors

its very nice to ride the shee on the streets ..everywhere you could beat some

nice cars or 600 4 stroke bikes and so..

its quiet funny because here in the ex DDR everybody knows 2 Stroke Bikes

but nobody knows the Banshee:)

check this video.. its a DDR 2 Stroke against a Ducati monster S4R

and here is my street Banshee..not finished.. and this week its

gonna be tuned by Mercedes Benz Carlsson;)

DSC00329.jpg

tt I know Jim and there are a few of us here in the midwest that are going to try and come up and make a race on the new asphalt track Jim is putting together. John Stallworth and myself want to come up to Ontario and race with you guys. Jim has made several of ours down here so it is high time we come up there and see how the Canadian racing is. LOL

Oh and for Banshee's it is all about setup and rider ability. I can get my bike to pull off of corners just like a 4poke but it takes alot of work to get it there but it can be done. Watch for a magazine article on mine coming up in dirt wheels in the next few months. JSR Performance will be featured and my bike is one of the feature bikes coming up.

wow nice.could you please scan those pages later with the article and post it in here?i dont think they sell that mag where i live.