exhaust o rings

busaboy

ok im new... names waylon need some help i just bought a 1989 banshee and it needs exhaust o rings.. i went and bought the fmf o-rings and springs and the o rings are to big.. is there differnt sizes? they said 1 size fits all lol....

will just any o ring work?like form home depo that will fit?

what about high temp rtv silicone?

it has paul turner headers.. thanks any help

they are puking oil and smoke out of them... theres a little lip where they would butt against the Cylinder head looks like thats where a o ring would go just taking a guess tho as i dont have a clue...

i bought the fmf o rings and spring kit but the o ring is like 1/4 to big..can i just use a high temp silicone and slide the expansion chambers back on? would it seal it?

Some pipes are just slip on and you use high temp silicon and just slid them over the cylinder, dont get to crazy on the high temp though. Other pipes such as the stockers have a groove in the pipe flange itself, this is where the oring goes. To me it sound like you were trying to install the orings on the cylinders themself, maybe i just misunderstood you. Also i do know that paul turners have a spot for orings on the head pipes, maybe the older sets did not? :confused:

Cody

• 4 years later...

I only got two 0 rings and 4 springs with the FMF kit I bought and they couldn't fit in the pipe and they just slipped on the cylinder so I don't know where else they would go. I have gold series on my bike.