basket cushions

T_Shee

so my stock basket cushions are beyond worn out and im too cheap to buy a billet basket right now. my question is can you change them on a stock basket? i saw the how to about going to a billet basket and saw how they use bolts to fasten the basket to the gear after the rivets are removed but are the stock basket holes tapped or is that just for aftermarket? also i cant find a kit that comes with the bolts.

so my stock basket cushions are beyond worn out and im too cheap to buy a billet basket right now. my question is can you change them on a stock basket? i saw the how to about going to a billet basket and saw how they use bolts to fasten the basket to the gear after the rivets are removed but are the stock basket holes tapped or is that just for aftermarket? also i cant find a kit that comes with the bolts.

You can replace them, you have to drill the rivots out either way billet basket or replacing the cushions.

http://vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=11178&cat=184&page=1

You can replace them, you have to drill the rivots out either way billet basket or replacing the cushions.

http://vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=11178&cat=184&page=1

No you can't, the "rivet" on the stock basket is actually cast into the basket, after the factory put the gear, cushions and backing plate on they peen the remaining metal sticking out into a head to hold everything together. If you could locate the holes properly you could drill all the way through the basket, countersink the holes on the inside, and bolt it back together, BUT you would have to get the holes in EXACTLY the right place.

Edited by bansheesandrider