Gearing a Wood Banshee

WantABanshee

My chain adjustment is almost all the way in. I will be replacing both my sprockets and chain. What is a good gearing for a trail banshee that still is close to stock gearing. Its got Toomey T-3 pipes, airfilter, reed valves,

When your chain adjustment is in like mine isn't it best to replace the chain/sprockets as an assembly?

Thanks

Ha, yeah its always best to go with new stuff. New sprockets with a new chain everything molds together perfectly if you keep it lubed up. If your on a budget you can always cut a half link out of your chain and replace the most worn sprocket. Unless the teeth are really ground down on both or missing some. Seeing as you have T-3s Ide imagine it probably is worn though.

Best woods gearing is 13/41. Droping 1 down on the front will give you more lowend, quicker starts shorter shifting though. If you run alot of open spaces and do long hillclimbs I recomend stock gearing, if your in all sorts of tight shit just 13/41 and a non O ring chain. O Ring chains suck for mud and dirt.

No if they are all the way in chances are your chain is streched a little. Lossen all of the bolts and let the adjusters all of the way out then Try putting a rachet against the axle houseing (youll see what I mean) and pry and see if there is any play there. If it doesnt move or there is little to no play then invest in a new chain and set of spockets. Also make sure all of your bushings are good and bolts are tight and not striped out back there.

Start wrenching.

Ive never seen an 06 banshee with T3s. How do you like them? Have you ever rode A Banshee with T5s?

• 3 weeks later...

i like 13/41 for the woods as well, always have power

15/40 or GTFO haha 11539.gif Works good for me. But really depends whats done power wise to the bike

I run 14/41 on sand though. ththefinger11.gif

• 1 month later...

Couple of tips: You can grind/slot your adjustment slots on swingarm for more chain adjustment. Or you can run a bigger rear sprocket like 43/44/45 etc. BUT you might not be able to run a skid plate if you do the latter. 13/41 or 14/44 work good for Woods bike IMO.