UFC 104

theshee

Its late, just wanted to say I think the decision on the Shogun fight was absolute dogshit. Machida lost, and won because of the judges. sucks.

i really dont even know what to say. machida clearly lost his belt tonight. shogun won 1,2,4 and 5. machida took 3. its as simple as that. shogun was dominant, landing tons of leg kicks and a few good punches. machida landed hardly anything, and most certainly never had octagon control or ever had shogun in any danger. what a shitty fucking decision. machida knew he lost. he shouldve handed over his strap.. it wouldve made him look a lot better as a fighter.

There have been a couple of really shitty decisions in the ufc lately. I know they say never let it go to the judges, but damn it almost looks like the fix is in. If i wanted to watch some shitty as fixed crap id watch boxing. dana white better put a stop to this bullshit, or maybe he is the one scripting it. WWE here we come

yeah, some pretty sketchy judging for sure. i personally thought Shogun won as well, but i cant believe that not even 1 judge would give Shogun the nod...unanimous? Holy fuck! Even the Velasquez fight was strange. I was sure the ref was going to end it in the first but Rothwell did get back to his feet so the ref let it go. Then, although Rothwell was taking some huge bombs from Cain right at the end, he did fight his way back up to his feet. I was surprised the ref stopped it there after not stopping it in the first round. Velasquez was going to win regardless but it just seemed a little weird.

Johnson is going to be a legitimate contender at welterweight but to miss his cut by over 5 pounds.....well, he wasn't even trying to make weight if you ask me.

Yep, glad i didnt pay for that card also......

yeah, some pretty sketchy judging for sure. i personally thought Shogun won as well, but i cant believe that not even 1 judge would give Shogun the nod...unanimous? Holy fuck! Even the Velasquez fight was strange. I was sure the ref was going to end it in the first but Rothwell did get back to his feet so the ref let it go. Then, although Rothwell was taking some huge bombs from Cain right at the end, he did fight his way back up to his feet. I was surprised the ref stopped it there after not stopping it in the first round. Velasquez was going to win regardless but it just seemed a little weird.

the judging was especially terrible last night. i mean, its usually bad, but they fucked up big time. i checked the fight metric on it and it wasnt even close as far as punches and kicks landed goes. shogun had it by a mile there. seems weird that all three judges scored it the same too.. i mean, thats pretty common in a 3 round fight, but in a 5 rounder? those odds are pretty crazy.

as far as rothwell goes, you cant just sit there and take 8 hard as fuck punches to the face and expect it to go on. those shots were unanswered. he shouldve pulled his hand up. looked to me like he had balance enough to pull his right hand and cover his face. i think that stoppage was justifiable. he was getting murdered anyway.

Johnson is going to be a legitimate contender at welterweight but to miss his cut by over 5 pounds.....well, he wasn't even trying to make weight if you ask me.

johnson is a mean dude, but not making weight is a big deal. apparently a month out from the fight he was walking around at 220 pounds. hopefully he will get his shit together.

I agree with everyone else Shogun won that fight. Im beginning to think the shit is rigged too. I hope not because I am a dedicated UFC fan. I mean I am 6 hrs from the east cost so I had to wake up at 2am to start watching the countdown so I dont want to be up all night just to see what was clearly a bullshit decision.

Im pissed about this but shit what can we do? I wanted Shogun to win because that could of potentially set up a match with him and Silva.

Gotta watch Johnson, dude is good but he hasn't really been tested. He should not be in the welterweight div though, he could easily fight at 185 or 205. He will be one to watch.

That was the worst ufc ever. All of the fights were pretty boring. Uneven matchups. Shogun definately won but that fight sucked so bad i would not watch a rematch. It consisted of shogun kicking machida in the leg and ribs. And that was it that was the whole fight.