List of Mods

hey, i own a 99 banshee and i am 15 planning to do a full rebuild this winter (replacing cracked cases and bent frame), so can you guys post up some free or really cheap mods for the banshee (ex. shift star mod is free) ....i plan on spending 200 or less on mods, im pcing the whole bike for 400 and i want this to be budget so i can sell it in the summer....or keep it ....

it would also be very help full if you guys could make a list of what i could get to total 200

Well the mods listed earlier are what i would go for. I tried modding mine with $200 and i could really get anything for that amount. If you want it built the right way and be reliable i would suggest saving up your dough. What im doing since i cant afford $600-800 dollars at once. Im saving my money. Its being saved secretly away from the wife somewhere she dont know. I also have a list of mods and a direction to what i want to put my bike through. Hope this helps.

for about $ 15.00 you can get a clutch puller and put a degree advance key in ..

dont buy a degree advance key. if you wanna advance the timing, buy an adjustable timing plate. they cost a whole 35-40 bucks.

add some to that extra 100 and buy a set of pipes and jets....you MUST get jets with any flow change. it'snot a performanc mod, but a nescesity. the three biggest gains in power are pipes, porting, and stroking. you can sometimes find a decent used set below 150. the best free thing you can do is ot take shortcuts....the banshee is not as forgiving as your smallblock chevy. be patient with the screws and bolts and use penatrant, as they will nickle and dime you. you can upen up the flow on the inside of the lid by trimming the runner sides open, or cut the lid open, leaving just enough to clamp 2 clamps, while holding the filter in place. you will have to richen the mains 1-2 sizes for the lid mod, so it's not free, just cheap jets.

don't buy an adjustable timing plate. totally un reliable and cheap made junk actually.

wtf? says who? it's just a piece of metal. you have to install it correctly and secure. there are more people running them problem free on here than people not running them.