Where can I get RZ shift forks?

Does any body know where I can get a GOOD set of genuine RZ350 shift forks with the rollers on the guide pins? I have looked them up online on the Yamaha parts sites and every source says they have been replaced with the Banshee style forks. Or, does anybody have an old micrfiche that has the original RZ350 numbers, so I could search for some New Old Stock ones? Edited by bansheesandrider

I have been researching rz bottom end parts and components for quite some time now and have found that my best locator is to just look on ebay and shoot an e-mail to any one selling low end components and ask what they have available. I have located at least 3 drum and fork assemblies like this. Just havn't had the money to jump on them.

This place has a resource page that should help as well

http://www.scooterhelp.com/RZ_help/restorations/engine.start.html

I'll try to post as many links as I can find in the next day or so

Keep your eyes peeled on E-Gay, and maybe join the RD / RZ forum there should be some on there or maybe somebody that has some to get rid of and last but not least check with TSS.com (the two stroke shop) they are in Australia and seem to have a lot of RZ goodies.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Edited by RZBansheeMan

I believe this is the original part number before superseding it.. 4L0-18512-00-00

Nope, that is the superceded number, that is the currently available part that is the same as a Banshee, the other current part number is2GU-18511-00-00 for the other fork. It takes two of one number and one of the other number, I don't remember which way it is.

Also, I looked at The Scooter Shop website and could not see any there, but they have an interesting bearins set for the transmission. Has anybody tried it and are they a decent place to deal with? As I understand it, they are in Australia, how long does shipping take and what does it cost?

The forks do not have any rollers! Im pretty They are identical to the bashee ones.... even the shift drum looks exactly the same...

If you think about it, why would it be diffrent? The RZ and banshee gears are interchngeable, the gearing is a bit diffrent but the physical gears are almost exactly the same. 1st gear on the banshee is a bit beefier... wider but the location where the shift fork rides looks the same.

Wired, ive herd someone else talk about this "roller" setup on the shift forks but there is no info in any of the OEM drawings either....

The forks do not have any rollers! Im pretty They are identical to the bashee ones.... even the shift drum looks exactly the same...

If you think about it, why would it be diffrent? The RZ and banshee gears are interchngeable, the gearing is a bit diffrent but the physical gears are almost exactly the same. 1st gear on the banshee is a bit beefier... wider but the location where the shift fork rides looks the same.

Wired, ive herd someone else talk about this "roller" setup on the shift forks but there is no info in any of the OEM drawings either....

The original 84 & 85 RZ350s had a roller on the pin that engages the shift drum and tracks in the grooves to move the forks. This reduced the friction in the shifting mechanism which resulted in an easier and smoother shifting transmission. Yes the later Banshee forks are interchangeable but it won't shift as easily or as smooth. Currently all online pictures show the Banshee forks because that is what has superceded the original RZ forks. The RZ350 continued in production in Canada and other countries after 1986, just like the Banshee is available in other countries after 2006. Someplaces it was called RD350LC or 350 YPVS or some other variation of this, but they all seem to have used the Banshee style forks.

I am sorry, the bearing kit I was talking about is from the Two Stroke Shop, not The Scooter Shop.