Went 4poke... I dunno about it

MarineNYC

Parted my Banshee because I was tired of being left behind on long all day runs with no gas. The guys I ride with are Geniuses when it comes to quads and they told me that I would be happier with a TRX450R. So I found a brand spanking new 05 roller,and a new crate motor. Bolted up and was very excited. Went for a ride on it and...FuCKKKKKKK does it handle like shit!!. And even though its a 4poke I cant seem to find any power. I know that its running great BUT THERE IS NO explosion LIKE MY SHEE HAD My shee was a dream through the trails. My +2 LSR arms and Works BLK Widows soaked everything up like a dream. My new TRX handled like a "angry paper plate" So I went out and bought LT LSR/ Axis SET UP WITH A FULL lt REAR which I havent bolted up yet. I just hit this bad boy on a straight away and feel like Im goin NO WHERE!!! Now I am dropping a cam and a high comp piston in it and I hope that will wake it up a little. I dont know where Im going with this but All I have to say is my Shee was the shit. I knew her. her every move. I understood her. now Im on this Alien machine that I want to set on fire. Long story short... Im Building another Banshee real soon. I always said I would never get rid of my banshee and then the wife came. Fuck me!!!! And yes Im the idiot with a banshee in my sig that I dont even have. I cant let her go. Im gonna cry myself into a drunken sleep now.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st.....shoulda bought a YFZ. 2nd if you get that cam and piston you should get an FCI intake and a highflow exhaust to go with. I know my YFZ will kick the shee's @$$ any day of the week, granted my banshee isn't built by any means. That intake, exhaust, cam, piston, and a rejet should get you a good bit more power. And if you don't have the FCR carb.....well you need it!

should have bought a yfz450. they have a hard hit, kind of like a banshee has. they handle well and are pretty fuckin fast all stock. 450r's are just junk. they are slower than fuck and all the ones ive seen modded run like shit.

by the way, your friends are idiots.

What sucks is that once you drop that high compression piston in, and ride it a little, its gonna ejaculate the rod right through the case and tranny. IMO the trx450r is the delorean of the quad world. Great idea, shitty product.....

In your world the Delorean would have won Almost every title around. Because thats what the TRX has done. Its one of the most winning quads in history. Now If I had my choice I would have bought a new KTM or a YFZR but I dont have that kind of money and I picked up this TRX for under 3G's all said and done. So I hope that Im ahead of the game.I Miss my shee but I know/Hope that this thing will make me smile in the end.

should have bought a yfz450. they have a hard hit, kind of like a banshee has. they handle well and are pretty fuckin fast all stock. 450r's are just junk. they are slower than fuck and all the ones ive seen modded run like shit.

by the way, your friends are idiots.

Sorry LOCO but they arent. They know Suspension set ups like the back of their hands Some of them test for AXIS and a couple of them know curtis sparks personally. I have seen their bikes perform and it is incredible. My shee would beat the shit out of them in a straight away. But once we hit the crazy shit they were gone. For what I ride the 450r is for me. When I roll to Glamis.. I need a Shee.

Well, I have to agree on the yfz thing, they do have a 'hit' but still it seems like you push the throttle wide open..the motor revs there and STAYS....the banshee like seems to rev forever. kinda sucks u dont got the banshee anymore but,..the KEY part being your gonna build another! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!

LOL so I need to trade this TRX for a YFZ?

Lol no, the R's are no slouch. It's gonna feel slow until you get the head ported, it's just a thing of the R's. Our group has 2 with basically the same mods, but one with ported head and it's head and shoulders above the other. I guess they're just like shee's, porting really wakes them up. Check out Racers Edge, they're gettin alot of the work for the R's right now and makin 'em run hard.

LOL so I need to trade this TRX for a YFZ?

Since your gonna build another banshee anyways and your already ridin a four stroke..go for it.. Just try and find one thats got equivalent mods on it. I honestly think you would like the power delivery of the yfz better, but I promise you will still lack the 'never-ending' scream/rev. Ive never owned a fourstroke but several of my buddies ride them and thats how ive rode the different 450's. Im proud to say that a buddy of mine who rode an ltr, USED to bash me about my banshee and now he has gotten rid of the ltr and is now the owner of a 421 cub. I couldnt resist saying 'finally decided to move to something that has some real power did ya? '

You will like the 450r once you mod the hell out of it. LOL, But it will never give you the rush your banshee did. My TRX has a pipe, cam, filter, carb mods, and the head is ported by Rage, and it still feels like a slow ass turd after riding my banshee. Don't get me wrong, I love the honda in the woods, trails, and MX track, but I would NEVER get rid of my banshee.

Edited by AustinTX

Sorry LOCO but they arent. They know Suspension set ups like the back of their hands Some of them test for AXIS and a couple of them know curtis sparks personally. I have seen their bikes perform and it is incredible. My shee would beat the shit out of them in a straight away. But once we hit the crazy shit they were gone. For what I ride the 450r is for me. When I roll to Glamis.. I need a Shee.

so that makes them geniuses? same dudes who told you to get a 450r? and now youre right back on a banshee forum complaining about how your genius friends told you to get a slow ass 450r. yea, makes sense.

for what you ride? everything i have seen a 450r do, a yfz450 can do better. you might be able to make that 450r fast, but its gonna take thousands, a lot of time and the reliability is going straight out the window.

i dont know how many times ive heard people talking about their slow ass 450r, yet i hear stories all the time about basically stock yfz450's running right along 4mm banshee motors.

I like the R's better than the YFZ's. I rode several R's that were modded and only one bone stock YFZ's. To me the YFZ feels weird after getting off my nice comfy banshee. Im just a little more parcial to Hondas because I spent many drunk nights beating my EX to death and somehow it held up so for trail riding I like my Hondas.

I would have to agree they are not all that fast though. My brother has a full curtis sparks system, cam, carb and a couple other things and he was only beating my bone stock shee by about a foot in a drag race. Expect when he topped out so dam fast and I click 6th and keep going.