WHEELY BARS

joee20002

so i have a tyson arched swing arm with no wheely bar mounts and im wanting to build my own bar what is the best plat to mount the bar to the swingarm? also how long do i make it?

you could get longer pinch bolts and connect your heims to that for the lower.. for the upper im not sure how your bike is set up but it doesnt look like much on the subframe you could attatch to.

Yeah it looks like you would have to weld some brackets on that beautiful subframe. You may be able to run the tops of the bar to the end of your grab bar, but that just seems like asking for trouble. YOu don't want that bar up your ass if something breaks or bends.

Best thing is to just get longer grade 8 pinch bolts for the bottom. I would run a bolt or pin threw the grab bar for the top. Or you canmeasure it and call Tim at AZCUSTOMS and he can build you a nice 4 link to fit nicely shipped raw finish for around $400 out of chrome-moly. Wont weigh but around 15 lbs . Of course thats only if the rear end is strutted.

just build ya alittle mount like the pic I drew up for ya... the front of it mounts at the bolt for the shock strut etc... and the back mounts at the pinch bolts... just mount the lower wheelie bar heims on the pinch bolts and then mount he top bar to the tab of the mount I drew up for ya....

thi way here you can remove it all if you go to the dunes or something

wheelie bar mount.jpg

just build ya alittle mount like the pic I drew up for ya... the front of it mounts at the bolt for the shock strut etc... and the back mounts at the pinch bolts... just mount the lower wheelie bar heims on the pinch bolts and then mount he top bar to the tab of the mount I drew up for ya....

thi way here you can remove it all if you go to the dunes or something

thanks for all the input guys... ya im thinking the sketch you have there is the way to go.... now hte wheely bar it self do i need to make all three mounting points adjustable? and how long?

thanks for all the input guys... ya im thinking the sketch you have there is the way to go.... now hte wheely bar it self do i need to make all three mounting points adjustable? and how long?

mine is only adjustable on the top bar... and I believe you want it to be about 90% of your wheel base... so say around 6ft....