EPOXY on inside of top cases?

sToCk7miLL

i have a 7mill stock cylinder 67.25mm big bore moderate port. (a little less than drag. ) boost ports. stock milled head. 38mm keihin carbs v-force 3 reeds.....109 octane...i beat most 4mill cubs with t-5's

the guy i bought the bike from didnt even know what he had. he inherited it from his son that died in an accident. i bought it for $3500 in PHX AZ. i took it to the dunes last year as is.. when i got back i rode it out front of my house and it blew a head gasket... come to frind out it pulled a few studs out of the cylinder... took it apart and i have asked many people what this orange/black (epoxy of some sort??) looking stuff that is on the sides of the top of my case where the cylinder bolts down to the top case. its on the side of both rods.. and then there is a hole drilled on each side of the rod.... im thinking it has something to do with crankcase pressure and clearance for the crank?? does anybody know what this would be for or have hear of something like this in stroker motors?? :shootself:

THANKS FOR READING...

HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP OUT

Post up a pic...

I would but i have the cylinders on.just got done putting them on and the head also.(wating for the in-frame shearer's. i just asked a local engine builder in PHX and he said that its most likely for crank clearance for the top of the case... he said they cut them where it waS stock so the stroke clears the top case as well as the trenching of the lower case.

when i have them apart again i will post pictures because he even said that hes never seen such epoxy... :confused:

I have seen the top case epoxed up where your talking about.After porting the top case they use the shit to to smooth out the gully for flow.They then redrill the hole to oil the crank bearing

:headbang: that makes the most sense.... also i was wondering if it WAS at one time a bigger stroker motor... do they epoxy the top cases like mine for the bigger stroker..

thanks for the good advise guys!!

PS... mine dosent have epoxy on the bottom of the cases...