one carb sucking more air than the other, going riding tomorrow HELP!

thebrittishguy

hi all.

i have the carb sync tool and started my banshee today to sync the carbs.

both dots line up at WOT on the sides of the carbs.

they both look in sync at idle (just an observation)

when i put the carb sync tool on the left one it has a decent air flow reading of 7.

the right one has a reading of 1 clearly not having the "sucking" force of the left.

i have set the cable and top of the carb on the right one and if i go higher then it affects the revs (higher) than the left but the air doesnt increase to anywhere near the 7 mark even when the revs are higher than the left......

any reason why this might happen?

is this normal?? (i dont think it is having had a look at the youtube video showing how to use it)

Edited by thebrittishguy

Is the carb pulling 7 at idle? If so, adjust the carb idle screw. Unless you have tors, in which case you need to order a $40 kit and get rid of them asap.

if you see my signature then you will see that i have tors removed.

its not exactly at idle but at just above idle the left is at 7 and the other is at 1. just showing the difference at the same rev state.

where are the idle screwson a carb with tors removed?

all i have is the air screw which is at 1.5 turns out on both......

Yes you shoulda drilled and tapped for you screws on the sides. X2

Anyone got a tutorial or a link to a page that shows how to do this please?

And will this be why the left carb is sucking more air than the right at any given rpm?

If not what could cause this when the slides are pretty much even looking with the eye?

The idle screw will only effect it at idle obviously. You will have to adjust the carb tops to get them synched when you have the throttle pulled. Also your signature doesn't show up, so if you want to be a little prick I won't help you. :cheers:

sure it duz... its right there where its not writen... cant u see it

:)

sure it duz... its right there where its not writen... cant u see it

:)

sorry guys, its showing up on my side.......

sigtt.jpg

does anyone have a link or a page that shows how to insert the idle screws please?

Just fyi, my pilot jet on the right side was blocked not giving fuel to the right side.

(cleaning and blowing out with a compressor sorted it out)

thanks for the help

I am curious if you noticed a big change after the repair.Is it running better now?

i didnt run it or take it for a run when i had the above problem, i just thought rather than damage something, check with the HQ and try fix it before riding.

now it is lovely thanks, it just feels sometimes in top end if i give it gas that i hear the revs but dont feel them as hectic as i used to.

im thinking maybe clutch adjustments?

i have a RD 350 motor here which have jugs that are bigger bore, but my current ones are ported, would you reccomend leaving the ported in vs the bigger bore.

the top of the RD pistons say .200 where my current ones are .100.

been thinking if its worth swapping them or not.

also would the RD gears be any benifit?

i see below the waterpump that there is an extra unit on the RD that the banshee doesnt have, what is this and what does it do?

thanks again for the info and help