Lower Steering Bearing removal?!?!?!

mofoka

• 5 months later...

Dead thread revival!

So I welded a nut to a bolt and dropped it down and impacted the crap out of it without any luck.....

Does anyone know how I could get this out???? Tips Hints

Also can someone confirm that this is a standard or reverse threaded nut?

Thanks again

Heat up the frame around the nut and take some wax and let the wax melt into the threads and let cool to room temp it should come right out sounds funny but use thatr trick on the rockcrushers ALL the time and works great good luck

you need to go to a fastener store or place that sells bolts, not the local hardware though. get a 30mm bolt(the hex) bout 3 or 4 inches long and 2 nuts that fit the threads, back them up together and you should be good. like the guy before said spray pb blaster on there for a day or 2, then use a large adjustable wrench and pipe for leverage. i remember when i replaced my first one i had no idea how to do it i went to the local yamaha dealer asked them how to go about it they told me there was no bearing there cuz the copmuter didnt show it, i ended up going to my local fastener store and pickin that nut(s) and bolt up. its always in my tool box and ppl are always askin me why i have it in there.... ok i just looked at ur pics again the bolt you buy has to have threads up to the bolt head.

Edited by BANSHEE HP