Left carb leaking...

Thumper7999

I just put new front tires on her and took her for a quick spin (5 min.). Started easily and ran great. I didn't turn the gas off when I was done, and about 5 minutes after I parked it I noticed a puddle under the left carb. I haven't touched the carbs since aprilish, and I've had no problems untill now that I noticed. From looking on the forums, it looks like the float needs to be adjusted, but I'm looking for all ideas of what it could be, because I'm only going to have 1 day to fix this before my next outing because of work, and if it isn't the float, I need to know what else to look for. I have a few days before I can get to it, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

id pull both carbs and clean them well. most likely, you just need to adjust the float. i would also check the needles and seats to make sure there is no corrosion on them. they could be sticking, causing the float to not be able to shut off the fuel all the way.

I just put new front tires on her and took her for a quick spin (5 min.). Started easily and ran great. I didn't turn the gas off when I was done, and about 5 minutes after I parked it I noticed a puddle under the left carb. I haven't touched the carbs since aprilish, and I've had no problems untill now that I noticed. From looking on the forums, it looks like the float needs to be adjusted, but I'm looking for all ideas of what it could be, because I'm only going to have 1 day to fix this before my next outing because of work, and if it isn't the float, I need to know what else to look for. I have a few days before I can get to it, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

My sons blaster did the same thing. Turned out to be a piece of the O-ring from the fuel on/off petcock ripped and made its way down into the carb and was wedged in the valve that the float closes (can't remember what its called).

I just tore it apart, cleaned it, filled the bowl with gas, and let it sit. There is a small crack in the bowl...on the front right below the little brass ball bearing looking thing coming straight down from it. Now I'm wondering if anyone out there has a bowl for a stock carb they could sell me fast...I have a ride next tuesday I need to be ready for.

I parked her 2 months ago, and when I pulled her out there was a cut in the sidewall of one of the front tires, and this....feels like someone borrowed her without asking, but I don't know who would have.