Which paddle tires

bbcmudtruck

Which paddle tires do I need. I have only rode in the sand once and I borrowed some tires. I Want to get front and rear tires this time. Which tires will work best for hill shooting, dragging and just trail riding? I have a dune ported 4mil and I'm fat.. I will be running either a +2 or +4 swinger.

Which paddle tires do I need. I have only rode in the sand once and I borrowed some tires. I Want to get front and rear tires this time. Which tires will work best for hill shooting, dragging and just trail riding? I have a dune ported 4mil and I'm fat.. I will be running either a +2 or +4 swinger.

I'm fat to and I only run the extremes,but your gonna get a ton of different answers.

Well I just did some pricing on Haulers and they are way more than I want to spend on tires that I will use for 2 days a year. What is the best bang for the buck? I ran some ITP sand stars last year and they did pretty good.

I just bought a set of extremes yesterday from rock mountain for 249.00 and they are 21x12x8

10 paddles. What is your price range,might be a few people on the HQ selling something? Jeff

i would go with a 21x12x8 (8) paddle hauler.

i would go with a 21x12x8 (8) paddle hauler.

I have a set of extreme haulers also, same as above. I have used Sand Stars and still have a set, they are a great all round tire. You can always rent a set up there I think for $50. They are not grat of a tire but they work in a pinch. I know a couple of guys who have bought really good tires and rims on Craigslist. If you are going to keep them awhile buy new Haulers. The price at the shop there are not that bad.

I have a set of extreme haulers also, same as above. I have used Sand Stars and still have a set, they are a great all round tire. You can always rent a set up there I think for $50. They are not grat of a tire but they work in a pinch. I know a couple of guys who have bought really good tires and rims on Craigslist. If you are going to keep them awhile buy new Haulers. The price at the shop there are not that bad.

Tim is right, if your gonna keep them a while, haulers are worth it. If you can't shell out that much the ITP SandStars are a good all around tire. I have a set for the DVX 400 and they work well.

However, I would imagine your 4mil can handle more tire then that.

I run an 21" 9 paddle hauler on my 4mil and would never go back to 8 paddles or a molded tire.

SP

Once you have rode with a hauler you will never want to use anything else. I ride all kinds of bikes on all kinds of terrain but my shee has never been on anything but sand. I am the original owner so I know this. The kind of sand you are riding will make a difference. The sand we have here in Oregon is like ball bearings if you look under a microscope. My understanding is the sand at Glamis is more of a flat, flake type. I plan on finding out in December when we make the 1200 mile trip down there. I have a 4mil with a +4 and just went from Skat Trak 22x11x10 9pdl extreme to a 22x11x8 10 pdl hauler sls. I love these tires and my bike is a dunning bike that I love to drag with and do tree shots and trails as well.

I would say you get what you pay for and the skat trak is the tire for the people that know. If you only ride 2 times a year in sand all the more reason to make the experience the best it can be. I say spend the money and get some good haulers. I know for a fact you will not regret it.

Once you have rode with a hauler you will never want to use anything else. I ride all kinds of bikes on all kinds of terrain but my shee has never been on anything but sand. I am the original owner so I know this. The kind of sand you are riding will make a difference. The sand we have here in Oregon is like ball bearings if you look under a microscope. My understanding is the sand at Glamis is more of a flat, flake type. I plan on finding out in December when we make the 1200 mile trip down there. I have a 4mil with a +4 and just went from Skat Trak 22x11x10 9pdl extreme to a 22x11x8 10 pdl hauler sls. I love these tires and my bike is a dunning bike that I love to drag with and do tree shots and trails as well.

I would say you get what you pay for and the skat trak is the tire for the people that know. If you only ride 2 times a year in sand all the more reason to make the experience the best it can be. I say spend the money and get some good haulers. I know for a fact you will not regret it.

I agree. Once you ride on a set of haulers you will never go back to anything else. There is a reason that they are more expensive. They are just that much better.

i must agree the sand and the power your bike makes and rider size i have 21 10cups and in dumount they were a bit much on a stock bike with t5 but here in st anthony id the sand is softer and their great. when i shoot up a hill i can not turn unless i let off, backwards from a seadoo