still king of drag?

2K1Banshee350

id like to chime in on this topic. the raptor 700s down where im from (alabama) are gettin nasty. thats all i build as far as 4 srokes. ive got a stock bore raptor 700 with a plus 5mm crank. it has stock valves and has been ported with a dremel tool, by me. we made 98hp on the dyno and it was hazing the tires, of course thats nitrous also but a small shot. the tourque was mid 80s. i have personally seen a turbo 907 raptor make 146hp on gasoline. and an all motor 1006 make 104. my next nitrous bike (going together now) we are hoping to get 160hp out of it. the one thing the raptor has as was stated is the torque. the raptor makes power quick. weve made over 80hp at 4000rpm. 1/8 mile that little 98hp bike runs 6.30s at a hair over 100mph.. i am a 4 stroke guy and do not think they will outrun the baddest banshee. you cant build a raptor motor stroked or bored as much as you can a banshee, the banshee makes hp naturally aspirated, as where the raptor shines with a power adder. they are not equal platforms. they are both bad machines, some just like 2 and some like 4 strokes..

id like to chime in on this topic. the raptor 700s down where im from (alabama) are gettin nasty. thats all i build as far as 4 srokes. ive got a stock bore raptor 700 with a plus 5mm crank. it has stock valves and has been ported with a dremel tool, by me. we made 98hp on the dyno and it was hazing the tires, of course thats nitrous also but a small shot. the tourque was mid 80s. i have personally seen a turbo 907 raptor make 146hp on gasoline. and an all motor 1006 make 104. my next nitrous bike (going together now) we are hoping to get 160hp out of it. the one thing the raptor has as was stated is the torque. the raptor makes power quick. weve made over 80hp at 4000rpm. 1/8 mile that little 98hp bike runs 6.30s at a hair over 100mph.. i am a 4 stroke guy and do not think they will outrun the baddest banshee. you cant build a raptor motor stroked or bored as much as you can a banshee, the banshee makes hp naturally aspirated, as where the raptor shines with a power adder. they are not equal platforms. they are both bad machines, some just like 2 and some like 4 strokes..

and those kind of raptors will eat up a 4mil stock cylinder or cub in 1/8mile....the power comes on STRONG,HARD,AND FAST on a well built 4 stroke!

ive seen a 450 making a 72hp beat a 80+hp banshee,maybe in thesand going up a hill is different....we don't race like that...but flat hard pavement....you better be careful......alot of banshee guys get cocky and gives up 2-5 bike length head start thinking ...{its a 4stroke} so i know i can beat,and bam.....they get there azz handed to them........i love cocky banshee owners and the look on there face when they get beat.

think of it like this,what if they build a TWIN 4STROKE 450......you can bet your house a banshee will get rolled on..

I went to the Raptor rally this yr at Florence Oregon, and Rocket factory, Rooster, etc had some of their fastest creations for 897 and 900+ cc powered raptors. There were a few very fast honda singles that came as well to compete. We ran the Hill and then decided to head down to the flats. There was a 7 mil cub on alky and a 10 mil cub on gas....no raptors beat them when I was there. A rotax powered Honda ran very well too, but Randall's 10 mil cub and Geoff's 7 mil cub beat everything they ran againest. At Dunefest, the fastest single pass was from a Puma powered Honda, 4.20. I will say, the DS's are making some serious noise for single's however.

i am NOT an engine builder, but isnt 900 kinda getting to inefficient for a single? i remeber being told years ago anything above 800 the flame wont spread across the piston fast enough? im assuming that would depend on bore and stroke too, but how the hell do u get revs from a 900 single??

Thats why some add another spark plug.......DS's come with two plugs from the factory

yeah i knew the ds did, just forgot. still a 900 is a huge single! has anybody built a drag reneade 800 yet? i bet that engine has more hp potentisal then the singles or a banshee

I know of an Outlander running high 4s in 300 ft on spray. Their Renegade runs good too, just not built as much as the Outlander.