still king of drag?

2K1Banshee350

It still has racks on it. It does have marvin shaws all around. That has to lose some weight. Dry weight is 669 lbs on a stocker, per Can Am. I'd guess around 600 lbs on this one, but not sure.

wow, cant imagine it in a drag frame... 800cc twin is hard to argue with or the thundercat. any fasdt thundercats yet?

I've got an Actic Cat Prowler (side by side) 1000 cc v-twin. It's a beast. 0-50 very fast. Tops out at 70 mph with a windshield. Faster without one, I'm sure.

The problem with trying to use engines such as those is the transmission. There is such a huge loss in hp at the rear wheels with those CV trannys. If you had big V-Twin with a manual transmission, that would be a monster. The motor out of this would be perfect!! Spyder (click)

I've got an Actic Cat Prowler (side by side) 1000 cc v-twin. It's a beast. 0-50 very fast. Tops out at 70 mph with a windshield. Faster without one, I'm sure.

The problem with trying to use engines such as those is the transmission. There is such a huge loss in hp at the rear wheels with those CV trannys. If you had big V-Twin with a manual transmission, that would be a monster. The motor out of this would be perfect!! Spyder (click)

true, but if u left the banshee a 350 id have to think a 950cc or even 800 cc twin is too much... by the way nice challenger

• 11 months later...

I'm a newbie here who is just going through old threads trying to learn about banshees. I came across this one and saw the last few posts talking about the outlanders and renegades which is what I own. There is a renegade is NC running 3.9's. The guy's name is mrrpm. Mine runs low 4's. These are 800 pound 4x4 quads that weren't made for dragging, but it's impressive since they are carrying all that weight. If these things drop 300 pounds, they could be real competitors against heavy sport bike builds. But at the weight we're at now, we can't run with heavy built banshees. Mild to moderate builds we can keep up with. My bike makes 105 to the tire on motor and 93 octane gas.

I'm a newbie here who is just going through old threads trying to learn about banshees. I came across this one and saw the last few posts talking about the outlanders and renegades which is what I own. There is a renegade is NC running 3.9's. The guy's name is mrrpm. Mine runs low 4's. These are 800 pound 4x4 quads that weren't made for dragging, but it's impressive since they are carrying all that weight. If these things drop 300 pounds, they could be real competitors against heavy sport bike builds. But at the weight we're at now, we can't run with heavy built banshees. Mild to moderate builds we can keep up with. My bike makes 105 to the tire on motor and 93 octane gas.

Take away the 4x4 factor and your lucky if it keeps up with a 400 ex .

3.9s in 300 ft? I'm very skeptical about that claim. I figure your engine builder (Jeff Ross) has the fastest outlander in the country and it hasn't ran 3.9s. I'm not gonna say it's impossible, just that if Jeff hadn't done it, I figure no one else had. Were you at outlaw sand drags in May?

Take away the 4x4 factor and your lucky if it keeps up with a 400 ex .

Actually the 4x4 part only helps minutely because the bike is on 2 wheels the first 100 ft. Here is a vid showing how fast they can be.

Now if we can just get them to weigh about 300 pounds less, they could be much more competitive.

3.9s in 300 ft? I'm very skeptical about that claim. I figure your engine builder (Jeff Ross) has the fastest outlander in the country and it hasn't ran 3.9s. I'm not gonna say it's impossible, just that if Jeff hadn't done it, I figure no one else had. Were you at outlaw sand drags in May?

Watch the vid in the above post I posted. It is running a massive amount of turbo boost and putting 230 hp to the tire. Jeff Ross builds the fastest naturally aspirated can ams in the country right now. But mrrpm is the only one to apply that amount of forced induction.

As far as Jeff having the fastest outlander in the country....he just built 2 bikes (mine and another) that will outrun his outlander. Of course Jeff doesn't care, cause they're his builds, lol. Come to the Labor day Leerjak event to see these bikes if you want.

Edited by Kratos

3.9 isn't bad. But a similar displaced banshee has ran 3.4's on motor.

Either way, if true. Good job.

That's my point. These bikes aren't designed to run with banshees. They can't. They weigh 800 pounds. So it's impressive to get 1020 pounds (bike and rider) moving that fast.

If there was some way these motors could be in a 300 pound setup, they'd compete well against sport bikes.

That's my point. These bikes aren't designed to run with banshees. They can't. They weigh 800 pounds. So it's impressive to get 1020 pounds (bike and rider) moving that fast.

If there was some way these motors could be in a 300 pound setup, they'd compete well against sport bikes.

It could be done.

Set one up in a chassis just like the snomo bikes?

Watch the vid in the above post I posted. It is running a massive amount of turbo boost and putting 230 hp to the tire. Jeff Ross builds the fastest naturally aspirated can ams in the country right now. But mrrpm is the only one to apply that amount of forced induction.

As far as Jeff having the fastest outlander in the country....he just built 2 bikes (mine and another) that will outrun his outlander. Of course Jeff doesn't care, cause they're his builds, lol. Come to the Labor day Leerjak event to see these bikes if you want.

Yeah, I've already planned to be at Leerjak this weekend.

As far as turbo 4-strokes beating 2-strokes -anything with a turbo seems so damn inconsistent that it would be difficult to make it to the finals at a big race (I know it's been done, just seems that lots of people are just looking for that personal best e.t. and couldn' t care less about winning an actual event.) It may go out and run 3.50s one pass, 3.90s the next pass, maybe even worse on some passes. I've seen it too many times.