banshee vs. new yfz 450r

Sorry, I'm just realist.

The original poster was talking about racing a new YFZ, it was the YFZ rider's first time to the dunes an the banshee had paddles, the YFZ didn't.

At that point, I'm not sure why the YFZ would even drag race..or the poster with the banshee and paddles would even bother giving us results.

100% totally pointless in my book.

Guys...

I just get tired of reading "My piped banshee is the fastest thing ever" I see them doing 120 MPH on ebay and all that stupid shit.

Bottom line is the new breed of 450s have more power, less weight and with riders in close to equal skill and weight....the 450 will win every time, mod for mod against a banshee UNTIL you get into porting.

Bolt on vs. bolt on....450...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm just realist.

The original poster was talking about racing a new YFZ, it was the YFZ rider's first time to the dunes an the banshee had paddles, the YFZ didn't.

At that point, I'm not sure why the YFZ would even drag race..or the poster with the banshee and paddles would even bother giving us results.

Guys...

I just get tired of reading "My piped banshee is the fastest thing ever" I see them doing 120 MPH on ebay and all that stupid shit.

Bottom line is the new breed of 450s have more power, less weight and with riders in close to equal skill and weight....the 450 will win every time, mod for mod against a banshee UNTIL you get into porting.

Dajo is just pissed cause he wasted all that money on fancy drag parts. Everybody knows banshees are the fastest bestest greatest bikes ever. With cut/welded stock pipes and a half plugged air filter and 4 degrees retarded timing my 87 shee with stock topend and partially separated crank will whip the shit out of every 450 made and kills those weak ass raptor 700s too. Its a stand up bike too which makes it faster than one of those lame ass sit down bikes. Wanna race dave ill give ya 5 lengths plus the hit dawg. crotchgrab.jpg

u sure like tooting the 450 horn. different people have different results, what ru gonna do?

ill toot the 450 horn also.. i have a 10mm cub banshee and know how to ride.. that said, ive beat tons of stock, modded, 4mm banshees on my stock yfz450.

and look at it this way. you guys are bragging on beating STOCK yfz450's by a couple bike lengths.. if you have pipes, carbs, reeds, porting, better tires etc.. thats either pretty lame or the 450s are pretty fuckin fast.

ill toot the 450 horn also.. i have a 10mm cub banshee and know how to ride.. that said, ive beat tons of stock, modded, 4mm banshees on my stock yfz450.

and look at it this way. you guys are bragging on beating STOCK yfz450's by a couple bike lengths.. if you have pipes, carbs, reeds, porting, better tires etc.. thats either pretty lame or the 450s are pretty fuckin fast.

YEA!!!!

There are a few members on here Ive taken out over and over against my yfz. One is a good friend of mine who has a ported t5 shee, been racing for years, and races streetbikes to and is a member on here if I can get him to chime in, in sand and asphalt, over and over beaten by many lenghts by me. My prior banshee had it not been on a -2 and +4-6 would have rocked my yfz tho. All I have is a full drd pipe, cam mod, filter, and amr cdi. Its not like whoa crazy, but its a quick bitch. I love banshees too tho,.. no doubt. My next banshee is goin to be a 10mm+ strip only. They are better dune/drag nowadays, I had everything on my banshee for mx n woods, and I parted it out to finish my yfz and get a bike cos thats the riding I do most and its hands down better on the track and woods. BTW, who gives a fuck, you all sound like the 2 stroke klu klux clan. Its just as retarded and shit talking banshees on the 4 stroke sites. All I can think is they took err jobs!!!!

did those guys know how to ride? it does seem the 450s are quicker then a banshee stock for stock or w/ bolt ons, but not THAT much.

Sorry, I'm just realist.

Guys...

you will win if your jetted right...the new fuel injection have a computer programmer and if he doesnt have one hes going to be running off

you will win if your jetted right...the new fuel injection have a computer programmer and if he doesnt have one hes going to be running off

yeah and if im not mistaken banshees make comparable power with bolt ons vs bolt ons, but the lighterweight and traction makes the difference. some people say banshees only make 35ish stock, but ive seen numerous dynos showing mid 40s piped and 40 stock, close to 450s. from gtthunder to dirtwheels i mostly see those numbers

Well guys we raced several times this weekend on dirt there was no asphalt around and if he wouldn't leave early i was pulling him out the whole and down the track i was leaving from 2nd every time because first was well just useless and those 18in holeshots i got don't hook from shit on the hard/soft dirt he was hooking way better than me.....its really hard to get a stand up race with this guy he's one of those if you beat him "man i got a bad start" "i couldn't keep it down"

yeah and if im not mistaken banshees make comparable power with bolt ons vs bolt ons, but the lighterweight and traction makes the difference. some people say banshees only make 35ish stock, but ive seen numerous dynos showing mid 40s piped and 40 stock, close to 450s. from gtthunder to dirtwheels i mostly see those numbers

A stock banshee is 386lbs, and 36-38hp @ approx 8000rpm. The 09 yfz 450 is 372lbs, and will make 38.5-41hp at around the same rpm range. These are 0 bolt on numbers. Of course the hp rating varies on temp/grain, n alt. These to consider, plus the torque on a 09 yfz 450 is 25-27ft/lbs pretty steady from 4-8k rpms. The banshee doesnt even hit 20 ft/lbs until about 6.5k+ rpm. Even with the average pipe, that torque would remain below that line until much higher rpms. Bolt ons on the yfz make a decent amount of hp gain too, Ive seen dynos of dasa pipes throw up to 13hp to a yfz motor. Stock for stock, the 450 wins, piped banshee vs stock 450 depends more on rider weight, tires, and skill, bolt on for bolt on, is to variable to really say, but Id still favor the 450 untill stroke and porting come into play also, then the banshee begins to dominate. Im sure a well done 535 banshee would take a well done 535 yfz. On the closer to out of the box rides, with just bolt ons, most of the time the yfz will have the advantage, even if the banshee makes a couple more hp, with better trac, lighter weight, and a ton more off the line torque, and comparable top rpm peaks the yfz has the slight advantage.

A stock banshee is 386lbs, and 36-38hp @ approx 8000rpm. The 09 yfz 450 is 372lbs, and will make 38.5-41hp at around the same rpm range. These are 0 bolt on numbers. Of course the hp rating varies on temp/grain, n alt. These to consider, plus the torque on a 09 yfz 450 is 25-27ft/lbs pretty steady from 4-8k rpms. The banshee doesnt even hit 20 ft/lbs until about 6.5k+ rpm. Even with the average pipe, that torque would remain below that line until much higher rpms. Bolt ons on the yfz make a decent amount of hp gain too, Ive seen dynos of dasa pipes throw up to 13hp to a yfz motor. Stock for stock, the 450 wins, piped banshee vs stock 450 depends more on rider weight, tires, and skill, bolt on for bolt on, is to variable to really say, but Id still favor the 450 untill stroke and porting come into play also, then the banshee begins to dominate. Im sure a well done 535 banshee would take a well done 535 yfz. On the closer to out of the box rides, with just bolt ons, most of the time the yfz will have the advantage, even if the banshee makes a couple more hp, with better trac, lighter weight, and a ton more off the line torque, and comparable top rpm peaks the yfz has the slight advantage.

well different dynos will show different results, but i have seen many more that say a piped banshee is in the 40s then the high 30s, so thats what I believe is most accurate

well different dynos will show different results, but i have seen many more that say a piped banshee is in the 40s then the high 30s, so thats what I believe is most accurate

I have no doubt that pretty much any pipe you put on a banshee is going to put it into the 40`s. For sure with the lid off. Those are stock numbers i put up there. But do the same with the yfz, though it wont gain as much power per mod in most cases, itll still put it mid/upper 40`s and possibly very low 50`s esp with lid off and the cam mod which technically isnt a bolt on. Then you have to take into account that the pipe on the banshee will raise the mid/upper range of power, and drop a little bottom, a nice full system on the yfz will broaden the curve still early and late. Im not sure, but yamaha may have already taken the cam mod into consideration with the 09 model. I know they changed some of the design flaws from earlier models, and I really dig the factory long travel. As I said before, stock vs stock the yfz dominates. If you put a pipes banshee vs a stock yfz, its a closer playing field, after that there are to many variables, as they are 2 different worlds, and at some point, way into mods, the banshee will most likely come out ahead. I pick n choose atvs much the same as I would cars. I like a fast car that handles all around in any area of driving, then I like drag racing cars only. Now if you asked my what my favorite would be over say a 70 chevelle or 69 camaro vs a Z06, Id say one of the first 2, but if I had to pick one it would be the Z06. If I could have both, I would. But my z06 would remain near stock, with a few easy bolt on mods, and the early model, easier to work on, lookin good with some fat back halfed tires and big block, cheaper to modify and work on turning heads all over would easily domintate the newer car, but only in a very limited range of driving/racing. Stock vs stock the new 427 would beat the old one. In a perfect world Id have both. Just as Id choose the banshee for drag only over anything else, but over all the yfz has to be my pick, and trust me, as I die hard banshee fan Ive done alot to make an all around banshee, and when I rode the yfz, guess which one I chose to keep when it was time to pick n choose. Eventually Ill have a serious strip banshee, as Im sure I can do more with it for that, but for average all around rec riding, the positives outweight the negatives. The same if I was hillshooting or duning, but all I have are strips, woods, and mx tracks where I live. Had I decided to race an LT500 when I had my banshee and won, I wouldnt be like thats right those zukis fucking suck, ID say nice try, you got a nice quad there, but something needs work. Maybe something was wrong then next run he smoked me. Then I look like an idiot. If a banshee beat me now, I wouldnt expect him to down my bike either. Depending on how far you take it, there is always something or someone better with or without somethng different. If someone talks shit with an equal or less than equivelent machine or skills and you beat him, you didnt beat a make and model, you just beat him and his quad.

I had much time to type all that between poker hands btw.

Well guys we raced several times this weekend on dirt there was no asphalt around and if he wouldn't leave early i was pulling him out the whole and down the track i was leaving from 2nd every time because first was well just useless and those 18in holeshots i got don't hook from shit on the hard/soft dirt he was hooking way better than me.....its really hard to get a stand up race with this guy he's one of those if you beat him "man i got a bad start" "i couldn't keep it down"

So sounds like it was really close based on your statement that if he didnt leave first you would take him. And let me see if i understand. you have pipes carbs and a cool head and his bike was stock? I think dave told you earlier it would end this way. Stock for stock yfz will kick a shees ass, and bolt on for bolt on its close depends on rider skill and surface. Maybe we can go a day or 2 without one of these threads popping up now. :wacko: