cracked case question?

bobdryerr

Is it leaking oil?

In most cases you can have it welded.

If you are going to use JB weld make sure you prep the surface very well.

Yea it drips oil an I was going to get it welded if I could that's y I was askin to see if it could b welded or it would mess up something

Yea it drips oil an I was going to get it welded if I could that's y I was askin to see if it could b welded or it would mess up something

Of course it can be welded. Is it crack to a surface that has been machined? Your best bet (if you can't determine yourself or can't weld it yourself) is to take it to someone who can do the work and let them make the call. Or post a picture so we can see where it is cracked.

SP

Of course it can be welded. Is it crack to a surface that has been machined? Your best bet (if you can't determine yourself or can't weld it yourself) is to take it to someone who can do the work and let them make the call. Or post a picture so we can see where it is cracked.

SP

Ok when I get home here in bout an hour ill take a pic. Then ill also take a pic of my project for everyone to see what I've been workin on for the last couple weeks. The only reason I bought another shee was cause I used to own one 8 years ago an some sabatoaged it by pouring in epoxy down my crank cause an since then I didn't get another quad until I bout my 03 blaster last year an it pisses off my buddy cause I can kinda but not really keep up with his yfz450. Then I seen an add in the paper for a bunch off atvs for sale so I called the guy an sure ass shit he had an 89 shee in his barn that was parked for 4 years cause it had a hole in the piston he wanted 600 for it but managed to talk him down to 400. Like I said ill get up some pics an see what u guys an ladies think of my buy.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone. You don't understand how much I appreciate all the help. I just wanna get it running cause my buddy keeps pissing me an telln me how his yfz450 that only has a pipe an filter is gonna walk all over it. He's also no support too cause he keeps saying its never gonna run ethier.

Is it leaking were the case halves meet?

Oh and good luck and have fun with your project, once you get her finished it will all be worth it.

nope its leaking for the seal where the shifting ride goes in the motor. so i think a new seal will do it. the reason i thought it was crack cause the oil would ride down to the burs an made it look like a crack so when i wiped it clean thats when i found the real leak. thats y i feel like a dumbass cause i should of done that first. ok heres a good one for everyone. is it sad to say my key board is covered ir motor oil from always working on somethin an not washing them to et on my pc. :lol: